Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 01:25 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,556,380 times

Advertisements

Dayton, Ohio sends its condolences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2018, 02:59 PM

3,406 posts, read 1,904,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Dayton, Ohio sends its condolences.

Karma, right??
Any other Dayton companies you want to send our way?? Even if it's for only 6 years, we'll take it!

Old 04-25-2018, 03:23 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,556,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusboy8 View Post
Karma, right??
Any other Dayton companies you want to send our way?? Even if it's for only 6 years, we'll take it!
It's kind of like when you have an affair with a married woman, she divorces, you marry her, and then she runs off with someone else.

You can have Cousin Vinny's Pizza, I guess.

Old 04-25-2018, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
It's kind of like when you have an affair with a married woman, she divorces, you marry her, and then she runs off with someone else.

You can have Cousin Vinny's Pizza, I guess.
Great analogy! Thanks for putting everything in perspective, and for making me smile... This, too, will pass... Dayton is a great city. And so is "the other Columbus," here in Georgia!

Old 04-29-2018, 06:26 AM

1,054 posts, read 881,680 times
NCR signs contract with Florida firm Jabil to take work from Columbus plants being closed | Columbus Ledger-Enquirer

Quote:
Russ Carreker, chairman of the Development Authority, said the city and his organization stands ready to assist NCR with marketing the properties which will be vacated by the end of this year. He also said city officials should attempt to contact Jabil to gauge that company’s interest in coming to Columbus and setting up a manufacturing plant or some other type of operation that might take advantage of the workforce and large facilities already in place here.
Quote:
Brian Sillitto, executive vice president of the Greater Columbus Chamber of Commerce, said Friday he’s looking forward to having a conversation with Jabil to see if one of the Columbus plants might fit into the firm’s overall business plan.
Quote:
Sillitto said the city is closing in on landing a commitment for jobs from an employer in the coming weeks. He also said there are other prospects in the pipeline that are in various stages of making a decision on what they need to do in Columbus or elsewhere.
There's some optimism in seeing Jabil come to Columbus to fill NCR's space, I think it's a bit of a stretch because I doubt Jabil and NCR would have reached an agreement without Jabil having the existing capacity to take on the work, but stranger things have happened.

Failing that, Carreker believes that the vacated NCR plants will be helpful in securing an outside company wishing to use the existing industrial space.

Old 04-29-2018, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayHey View Post
NCR signs contract with Florida firm Jabil to take work from Columbus plants being closed | Columbus Ledger-Enquirer

There's some optimism in seeing Jabil come to Columbus to fill NCR's space, I think it's a bit of a stretch because I doubt Jabil and NCR would have reached an agreement without Jabil having the existing capacity to take on the work, but stranger things have happened.

Failing that, Carreker believes that the vacated NCR plants will be helpful in securing an outside company wishing to use the existing industrial space.
We'll see...BUT companies need to KNOW that the space may become available!! Sitting and waiting for companies to discover Columbus all on their own doesn't seem to be working very well.

Old 04-29-2018, 01:46 PM

297 posts, read 259,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusboy8 View Post
We'll see...BUT companies need to KNOW that the space may become available!! Sitting and waiting for companies to discover Columbus all on their own doesn't seem to be working very well.

Exactly!!!! The problem lies in the marketing and recruitment strategy itself, not with the availability of adequate buildings, land, and/or resources. But I guess we will see what happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA