Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 08:50 PM

2,250 posts, read 2,165,732 times

Advertisements

https://www.peachtreemall.com/en/dir...store_opening/

Basil Thai Restaurant | Refined Thai Cuisine in the Carolinas

The Mall continues to be a magnet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2018, 09:26 PM

967 posts, read 1,073,995 times
That looks great! I'm glad to see the mall picking up more restaurants! Any guess as to where in the mall it will locate?

Old 09-13-2018, 10:01 PM

2,250 posts, read 2,165,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWColumbus View Post
That looks great! I'm glad to see the mall picking up more restaurants! Any guess as to where in the mall it will locate?
The old Best Buy Mobile location is my first guess.

Old 09-14-2018, 06:18 AM

967 posts, read 1,073,995 times
From the prices it looked like more of a sit down restaurant instead of a food court type of place, but maybe food courts are just getting more expensive.

Old 09-14-2018, 07:14 PM

161 posts, read 170,659 times
Are you sure it is the same Basil Thai as the one in the web link? PeachTree mall does not match any of their other locations in terms of neighborhoods. Peachtree Mall is so run down on the inside and out. And the sketchy car wash in the parking lots does not help it at all! I grew up hanging out in the mall and it hurts to see it in such poor shape. Also, someone on this site also said The Cookout was going to open at Peachtree but I have yet to see a permit. Sure wish some of these things would really open! Anyone hear any updates on BJ’s Wholesale Opening in the old sears building?

Old 09-14-2018, 07:28 PM

1,054 posts, read 881,948 times
Good point, yeah I was thinking that the link above is to a pretty trendy restaurant chain.

Basil Thai or Thai Basil is the naming equivalent of New China or China King, ie a generic food court eatery that every mall has. I'd be happy to be proved wrong, but I bet this Basil Thai will be like that and not the linked Carolina chain.

Old 09-14-2018, 08:54 PM

161 posts, read 170,659 times
I also, hope I am wrong and it turns out to be the place from the link!

Old 09-14-2018, 09:18 PM

85 posts, read 64,492 times
I hope I'm wrong but there is a restaurant called Thai Basil Kitchen. Its located in Cummings Georgia and it is in a shopping center.
https://thaibasilkitchen.com/about-us
I think it might be this restaurant and not the Carolina based company. I hope I'm wrong because I would prefer the Carolina company, but I would like more information on this. Also, when is more information coming for The Cookout. I've heard they cater to college students and with me being one I would like to try it someday.

Old 09-15-2018, 07:48 AM

297 posts, read 260,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighTechCountryBoy View Post
Are you sure it is the same Basil Thai as the one in the web link? PeachTree mall does not match any of their other locations in terms of neighborhoods. Peachtree Mall is so run down on the inside and out. And the sketchy car wash in the parking lots does not help it at all! I grew up hanging out in the mall and it hurts to see it in such poor shape. Also, someone on this site also said The Cookout was going to open at Peachtree but I have yet to see a permit. Sure wish some of these things would really open! Anyone hear any updates on BJ’s Wholesale Opening in the old sears building?
Wow, I don’t necessarily love the mall myself but I didn’t think it was run down. It’s in pretty descent shape in comparison to most indoor shopping malls in GA and AL outside of North Atlanta Metro. It may be because I’m familiar with malls around the state that are in extremely poor condition, but I think Peachtree is doing at least fair in terms of upkeep and occupancy.

Now I agree with you; it could use a facelift!! And get rid of the pop up car wash! Needs to be replaced with Cookout ASAP!

Old 09-15-2018, 11:02 AM

3,406 posts, read 1,904,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYoungProfessional View Post
Wow, I don’t necessarily love the mall myself but I didn’t think it was run down. It’s in pretty descent shape in comparison to most indoor shopping malls in GA and AL outside of North Atlanta Metro. It may be because I’m familiar with malls around the state that are in extremely poor condition, but I think Peachtree is doing at least fair in terms of upkeep and occupancy.

Now I agree with you; it could use a facelift!! And get rid of the pop up car wash! Needs to be replaced with Cookout ASAP!
As malls go, I think Peachtree Mall is pretty decent. A facelift might be in order, and they should definitely get rid of the pop-up carwash ASAP! What was Peachtree Mall thinking???

I suggest that they expand out and include some Tanger Outlet stores! Think outside the box. Tanger and Peachtree would bring EACH OTHER business. I also think the addition of an IFLY anti-gravity ride at the Mall would create excitement and Mall traffic! The National Infantry Museum, or downtown, near the ziplines and whitewater would be the ideal locations but the Mall would be also!! www.iflyworld.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA