Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2019, 05:27 PM

1,054 posts, read 881,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountain-of-youth View Post
Actually we're the largest city in GA based off population destiny.
No. That's not right. Check your source again. If it actually does say that, go find a more reputable source.

Atlanta, Decatur, probably a lot (like a hundred or so) which have a smaller total population but have a vastly smaller city limits area.

Columbus is big, the entire county less Benning. That makes for a small density.

As for why Cookout took so long, it's a Columbus tradition to get things last and if you aren't proud of it than you need to eat some humble pie.

In my day, everyone drove to the Old Navy in Newnan to go buy pants, and they liked it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2019, 06:05 PM

2,250 posts, read 2,162,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayHey View Post
No. That's not right. Check your source again. If it actually does say that, go find a more reputable source.

Atlanta, Decatur, probably a lot (like a hundred or so) which have a smaller total population but have a vastly smaller city limits area.

Columbus is big, the entire county less Benning. That makes for a small density.

As for why Cookout took so long, it's a Columbus tradition to get things last and if you aren't proud of it than you need to eat some humble pie.

In my day, everyone drove to the Old Navy in Newnan to go buy pants, and they liked it!

Quote:
In my day, everyone drove to the Old Navy in Newnan to go buy pants, and they liked it
We didn't have fast fashion stores until CPC. Of course we had the usual department stores like Gafers,Montgomery Wards,JCP,Rich and Sears.

Old 02-09-2019, 06:24 AM

3,406 posts, read 1,903,276 times
[quote=SeetheUSA;54382146]Don't get me started on the stores that we don't have. As the 2nd largest city in GA, we are clearly the red-headed stepchild in the family....[/QUOTE

Discovering Columbus just takes a little longer... but we're getting there!!

Old 02-09-2019, 08:57 PM

2,250 posts, read 2,162,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusboy8 View Post
This should help Peachtree Mall, and the movie theaters adjacent to the mall!
The mall does good on Saturday's. Shopping habits has changed a lot in the last 10 years. More people shop online or wait until the weekend to shop at different brick and mortar stores .

Old 03-13-2019, 05:37 PM

1,124 posts, read 925,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonCoombes View Post
I’d really love a Checkers, but you all are in for a treat with Cookout. A meal that’s decent that fills me up for $5? And sub a drink for a shake. The pineapple shake is the best.
In regards to this comment, how’s that going? Is it done being built and if so have any of you tried it? And I’m really happy because they announced the Columbia area is getting 5 checkers starting in 2020. Sorry, I had to throw that out there because I love both. And if you have had Cookout, which would you say you like more?

Old 03-13-2019, 06:20 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,795,413 times
Quote:
In regards to this comment, how’s that going? Is it done being built and if so have any of you tried it? And I’m really happy because they announced the Columbia area is getting 5 checkers starting in 2020. Sorry, I had to throw that out there because I love both. And if you have had Cookout, which would you say you like more?
Cookout is dried in. The HVAC, water, and electrical are going in now. The exterior needs lots of work. It's going to be May before it's going I think.

Old 03-13-2019, 08:11 PM

1,054 posts, read 881,115 times
Quote:
And if you have had Cookout, which would you say you like more?
Checkers' menu isn't as extensive as Cookout's. I don't think I'd waste the calories on one of their milkshakes either, while Cookout's are pretty good.

The burgers are fairly similar, the edge goes to Cookout though.

The fries are where Checker's shines, I love those things. Probably going to have to get some tomorrow after thinking about them.

Old 03-15-2019, 07:53 PM

Culver's and Cookout will force Checkers to up its game!!

Old 03-15-2019, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusboy8 View Post
This should help Peachtree Mall, and the movie theaters adjacent to the mall!
The AMC theater adjacent to the Mall is a well-kept secret. Though not new, it's a nice theater, and the $5 Tuesdays are an awesome deal!! Come to think of it, the movie theater IN the National Infantry Museum on South Lumpkin Rd. is also a great deal price wise. I saw the Aircraft Carrier documentary the other day in 3-D for $7 a person! The large popcorn is huge---and delicious!! Seeing the Polar Express movie there on the HUGE screen during Christmas is a tradition for my grandkids. No military ID necessary to visit the museum---or see the movies---WHICH IS AWESOME!!

Old 04-23-2019, 01:25 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,648,695 times
Looks like this could open any week now. Getting close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA