U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 01-15-2019, 04:42 PM
 
2,052 posts, read 1,700,581 times
Reputation: 682

Advertisements



13TH ST. MIXED-USE ADAPTIVE REUSE DEVELOPMENT
Property Address: 211 13th Street
Size: 27,000 SF
Past Use: Former Auto Repair Shop
Proposed Use: Mixed-Use Development

Owner: 211 13th, LLC
Developer: The Cotton Companies
Designer: Barnes, Gibson & Partners

THIS PROJECT IS CURRENTLY UNDER RE-DEVELOPMENT.

13th St. Mixed-Use Adaptive Reuse Development « The Cotton Companies
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-15-2019, 10:13 PM
 
27 posts, read 23,878 times
Reputation: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountain-of-youth View Post

13TH ST. MIXED-USE ADAPTIVE REUSE DEVELOPMENT
Property Address: 211 13th Street
Size: 27,000 SF
Past Use: Former Auto Repair Shop
Proposed Use: Mixed-Use Development

Owner: 211 13th, LLC
Developer: The Cotton Companies
Designer: Barnes, Gibson & Partners

THIS PROJECT IS CURRENTLY UNDER RE-DEVELOPMENT.

13th St. Mixed-Use Adaptive Reuse Development « The Cotton Companies

I have seen that sign up for a while but nothing never happened, i hope a developer buys it and demolishes the old building and build fresh. i like seeing fresh construction in downtown.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2019, 10:35 PM
 
Location: Columbus, GA
1,054 posts, read 738,441 times
Reputation: 749
Cotton Company is a developer. And adaptive reuse means keeping the existing building and renovating it. That building's not going anywhere.

There are no shortage of infill opportunities Downtown for a developer to come in and build new though. On that same square block on the 14th St side for example.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2019, 07:24 AM
 
2,052 posts, read 1,700,581 times
Reputation: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygamble168 View Post
I have seen that sign up for a while but nothing never happened, i hope a developer buys it and demolishes the old building and build fresh. i like seeing fresh construction in downtown.
It's currently being re-developed. This inside has already been gutted.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2019, 11:56 AM
 
Location: Columbus, GA
1,314 posts, read 1,568,306 times
Reputation: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygamble168 View Post
I have seen that sign up for a while but nothing never happened, i hope a developer buys it and demolishes the old building and build fresh. i like seeing fresh construction in downtown.
This is a different re-development than the previous sign that was there. I believe he also purchased the Regions bank next door.

It will be called Dogwood Market and it will be a similar step to like Krog Street market, but will have mostly retail pop-up type shops, with some mixed in food but I think the project is still evolving.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2019, 06:54 PM
 
3,328 posts, read 1,532,006 times
Reputation: 3426
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyers3 View Post
This is a different re-development than the previous sign that was there. I believe he also purchased the Regions bank next door.

It will be called Dogwood Market and it will be a similar step to like Krog Street market, but will have mostly retail pop-up type shops, with some mixed in food but I think the project is still evolving.
I think shops catering to various ethnic groups would do well. A 24-hr New York style deli would be nice!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2020, 01:04 PM
 
Location: Columbus, GA
1,054 posts, read 738,441 times
Reputation: 749
I know there were some questions a month of two ago about this development and after a long period of quiet, the December issue of Columbus and the Valley has a ton of new information regarding this project which is soon to start again and pick up speed.

A new name for starters, no longer Dogwood Market, the development will be known as Highside Market.

Quote:
A mix of redevelopment and new construction will provide about 55,000 square feet for all kinds of retailers and food and beverage sellers.
So the general plan remains largely unchanged from the original idea.

Chris Woodruff explains what it is, "If you took Ponce City Market, Krog Street Market and West Side Provisions in Atlanta and mixed them all together you'd have something similar to what Highside is. Except, let's face it, we're in Columbus...so we're going to do it a lot better!", finishing tongue firmly in cheek.

He continues, "It will be a community gathering spot, a place where you can go to enjoy cocktails on a rooftop bar, shop for the coolest, latest and greatest clothes from the market stalls, pick up some amazing fresh baked goods, browse an art gallery or participate in an on-site event."

The rest of the article goes on to interview several other local developers and highlights recent and ongoing projects in the area.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2020, 05:43 PM
 
446 posts, read 448,234 times
Reputation: 144
Thanks for the update
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2020, 07:49 PM
 
3,328 posts, read 1,532,006 times
Reputation: 3426
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayHey View Post
I know there were some questions a month of two ago about this development and after a long period of quiet, the December issue of Columbus and the Valley has a ton of new information regarding this project which is soon to start again and pick up speed.

A new name for starters, no longer Dogwood Market, the development will be known as Highside Market.



So the general plan remains largely unchanged from the original idea.

Chris Woodruff explains what it is, "If you took Ponce City Market, Krog Street Market and West Side Provisions in Atlanta and mixed them all together you'd have something similar to what Highside is. Except, let's face it, we're in Columbus...so we're going to do it a lot better!", finishing tongue firmly in cheek.

He continues, "It will be a community gathering spot, a place where you can go to enjoy cocktails on a rooftop bar, shop for the coolest, latest and greatest clothes from the market stalls, pick up some amazing fresh baked goods, browse an art gallery or participate in an on-site event."

The rest of the article goes on to interview several other local developers and highlights recent and ongoing projects in the area.
Columbus and the Valley Magazine is well worth subscribing to. It's a classy, table top type, magazine, with very interesting articles about Valley people, places, and events.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2020, 01:33 AM
 
2,052 posts, read 1,700,581 times
Reputation: 682
'

https://www.facebook.com/Highside-Ma...1589004921865/

Highside Market – GATHER | ENJOY | BECOME
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2023, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top