Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2019, 10:23 PM

27 posts, read 28,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYoungProfessional View Post
This guy has turned the thread into a Phenix City vs Columbus debate.....laughable! These cities are LITERALLY connected and couldn’t be more intertwined if they tried. Is this serious?

And as Jay pointed out amongst other things, Columbus’ MSA is a little over 300K (including Phenix City believe it or not) vs Greenville’s MSA of 900K....they should have a bigger civic center for crying out loud...

Moreover, growth in Columbus or Phenix City essentially means growth for our area...loss of jobs in either ultimately means a loss for our area...this is ridiculous...
lol what you talking about even albany ga has a bigger civic center than columbus, i recently went too an event at the columbus civic center monster truck show and couldn't believe how small the floor space was of the arena, just too small of a space.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2019, 06:29 AM

1,054 posts, read 881,115 times
Measuring a city by its civic center's total seating capacity might by the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

But then I remember in his previous comment Tony said "you can not compare and group columbus and phenix city together".

Old 04-10-2019, 05:22 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,795,413 times
This is quite enjoyable to read...love the drama. Here's a couple more ounces of diesel fuel to keep the flames going:

Studies show Columbus ranks in top 5 for armed robberies in GA; Phenix City ranks No. 4

https://www.wtvm.com/2019/04/10/stud...nogViP_ZfXueSE

Old 04-10-2019, 06:45 PM

1,054 posts, read 881,115 times
If only we could look at the Columbus and Phenix City MSA crime statistics, but we can't since the cities have different governors, laws, and taxes. Oh well.

And that policeman being quoted in the WTVM piece blaming Atlanta for our crime is silly. Please, share with the class the percentage of armed robberies that can be directly linked to people driving down from Atlanta. If it's over 5% I'll eat my hat. And East Point has plenty of its own hoodrat $#!T going on, it's part of SWATS (Southwest Atlanta Too Strong). The namedroping of Atlanta as The Big Bad is just lazy.

Old 04-10-2019, 06:59 PM

3,406 posts, read 1,903,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygamble168 View Post
im not trying too make this into a debate, your right columbus and phenix city and closely by each other because of close distance, and the majority of people who live in phenix city work over in columbus, but you can not compare and group columbus and phenix city together, were in two different states governed by two different governors. Georgia laws are different from alabama laws i wish people would stop grouping phenix city and columbus together, i pay alabama taxes not georgia taxes. And how do you not know that some people drive from phenix city too opelika/auburn for work not just columbus.
children!!!

Old 04-10-2019, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayHey View Post
Measuring a city by its civic center's total seating capacity might by the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

But then I remember in his previous comment Tony said "you can not compare and group columbus and phenix city together".
jayhey im not measuring the seating capacity, im measuring the performing floor space of the columbus civic center which is too small. i don't care about the seating capacity when i was in the civic center i felt inclosed because of the small size of the arena. i missed the old auditorium which had bigger floor space.

Old 04-10-2019, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeetheUSA View Post
This is quite enjoyable to read...love the drama. Here's a couple more ounces of diesel fuel to keep the flames going:

Studies show Columbus ranks in top 5 for armed robberies in GA; Phenix City ranks No. 4

https://www.wtvm.com/2019/04/10/stud...nogViP_ZfXueSE
thanks for providing us this information, still hard too believe that phenix city still ranks at No.4, don't get me wrong every once in a while you will hear about a murder or crime happening in phenix city, but im always hearing everything go down in columbus constantly not phenix city, so i don't understand why some people on here are saying phenix city is worse than columbus when it's not. whoever are putting these crime results out are wrong on some things. we all know how bad the crime has increased in columbus we can not help but too hear it everytime you turn on the news, Columbus ga crime and murder rates are actually above average for a city of 200,000, if you take into account atlanta had the same amount of murders as columbus in 2018 and atlanta has 1.8 million residents triple the population of columbus. columbus and phenix city have there own issues that need too be addressed and that's the poverty rates.

Last edited by tonygamble168; 04-10-2019 at 07:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA