Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2009, 08:34 AM

53 posts, read 143,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLCOL1 View Post
No one is complaining about my facts on tourism in Columbus? Hmmm shocking...hard to fight the facts I guess ROFL!
Shocking? Not really.
Certainly nothing worth bragging about.

Old 07-05-2009, 04:11 PM

88 posts, read 205,638 times
Quote:
No one is complaining about my facts on tourism in Columbus? Hmmm shocking...hard to fight the facts I guess ROFL!
What facts?
I do not think you know the difference between projections and facts.
Just because the news says we will all have high paying jobs by xmas doesn't mean it is factual but rather a possibility.
Try to separate fact from fiction while trying to outgun/brag another poster.

Old 07-09-2009, 09:24 AM

98 posts, read 229,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltersplace View Post
Shocking? Not really.
Certainly nothing worth bragging about.
Embarrassment would be more the word for downtown area.
It is just infested with drugs/alcohol/crime once again due to poor city planning.

Old 07-09-2009, 04:48 PM

913 posts, read 2,985,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam552311 View Post
Embarrassment would be more the word for downtown area.
It is just infested with drugs/alcohol/crime once again due to poor city planning.
Wow, you couldn't be more wrong.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Wow, you couldn't be more wrong.
I think you are outnumbered in your opinion about how the downtown area has become a shooting gallery and magnet for hooligans from the surrounding areas.
I guess they must be the tourists everyone is talking about.

Old 07-10-2009, 05:27 AM

913 posts, read 2,985,012 times
Quote:
I think you are outnumbered in your opinion about how the downtown area has become a shooting gallery and magnet for hooligans from the surrounding areas.
I guess they must be the tourists everyone is talking about.
Nope, it just that others are ignoring you because you aren't worth the time to respond to. I will be doing the same. Take a break and go visit our beautiful national infantry museum. Keep living in denial Sam .

Old 07-10-2009, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Nope, it just that others are ignoring you because you aren't worth the time to respond to. I will be doing the same. Take a break and go visit our beautiful national infantry museum. Keep living in denial Sam .
Same quote another day.
The infantry museum is old news as is the other bldgs that sit empty week after week.
The only people draw to town are the gun toters and drunks every weekend just like Buckhead used to be till Atlanta finally closed the area down.
It will happen here too as the area continues to draw in more of the type of people that citizens are trying to get rid of.
Ft Benning are in talks with the city to either clean it up asap or put it off limits so I guess denial is your calling card.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:06 AM

64 posts, read 181,381 times
Quote:
Same quote another day.
The infantry museum is old news as is the other bldgs that sit empty week after week.
The only people draw to town are the gun toters and drunks every weekend just like Buckhead used to be till Atlanta finally closed the area down.
It will happen here too as the area continues to draw in more of the type of people that citizens are trying to get rid of.
Ft Benning are in talks with the city to either clean it up asap or put it off limits so I guess denial is your calling card.
We visited friends in Columbus and went to Cannon downtown and the food was terrible!!
I don't see the uptown attraction as it is basically a couple of blocks of liquor houses disquised as eateries etc with no life or charm at all.
I can only imagine what that area is like at night.

Old 07-10-2009, 10:22 AM
JLA

627 posts, read 2,186,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisenhiemer View Post
We visited friends in Columbus and went to Cannon downtown and the food was terrible!!
I don't see the uptown attraction as it is basically a couple of blocks of liquor houses disquised as eateries etc with no life or charm at all.
I can only imagine what that area is like at night.
It looks like any other downtown area with bars and restaurants. Why do you think people go to those places; for a church services?

Old 07-10-2009, 01:05 PM

64 posts, read 181,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLA View Post
It looks like any other downtown area with bars and restaurants. Why do you think people go to those places; for a church services?
Why not hold your church services down there on a saturday night then? lol
You might learn something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA