Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 07:31 AM

5,616 posts, read 8,650,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon1971 View Post
I think you are going a little overboard on your figures as NCR has only hired around 200.NCR let half of their first hires for assembly go in feb/mar due to water cooler hangers etc and were basically too slow. They are currently on their THIRD round for hiring and STILL cannot find qualified personnel locally.Cessna's loss of a total of 1100 plus jobs by early sept as well as more layoffs scheduled for several other local companies by late october are signs that BRAC etc have done little to nothing for local economy.More info to come.
I have very credible sources from the home office in Duluth. As a matter of fact, just had dinner with one last night in Atlanta. Not sure what you are talking about....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 08:18 AM

15 posts, read 50,700 times
Our regular meetings with local NCR hiring staff and DOL director is where my info originated as well as with several other local companies future hiring prospects.You mention that construction is currently underway for tech park near Benning which is also not correct. Any city resident within the sound of my post can go out to the site today and see that their is nothing but a sign.Not sure if you are local or just tooting your horn?

Old 06-26-2010, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Our regular meetings with local NCR hiring staff and DOL director is where my info originated as well as with several other local companies future hiring prospects.You mention that construction is currently underway for tech park near Benning which is also not correct. Any city resident within the sound of my post can go out to the site today and see that their is nothing but a sign.Not sure if you are local or just tooting your horn?
Future higher prospects are excellent for Columbus. Just rated #1 in the country by manpower.com. It was ranked 6th in the nation by another data company here recently. Construction is not underway at the Benning Technology Park...it's is in the planning stages. Spoke with John....Flournoy that is...about it this past week.

BTW, more good jobs info.

Kysor/Warren to expand creating 200 jobs. Just signed a 10-year lease on building to expand their operations. There should be 1000 people on payroll by this Fall. Good to see jobs created in this environment. Also, the Columbus unemployment rate went down again to 9.2%. Small improvement but it is in the right direction.

Last edited by Columbus1984; 06-26-2010 at 07:28 AM..

Old 06-27-2010, 09:58 AM

I am on the CSU planning board who is handling the Tech Park and it is light years away from fruitation as John has nothing to do with it but to build when we tell him to.Your statement on current construction is totally false.Manpower is a TEMP agency so being rated number one is NOT good at all!!They have handled Kysor temps for YEARS and could not even keep a staff before the current announcement and these 200 jobs are temps till they are caught up and it is no secret around town that these jobs are horrendous at best.Local citizens are all for progress but not this kind.

Old 06-27-2010, 10:48 AM

Quote:
I am on the CSU planning board who is handling the Tech Park and it is light years away from fruitation as John has nothing to do with it but to build when we tell him to.Your statement on current construction is totally false.Manpower is a TEMP agency so being rated number one is NOT good at all!!They have handled Kysor temps for YEARS and could not even keep a staff before the current announcement and these 200 jobs are temps till they are caught up and it is no secret around town that these jobs are horrendous at best.Local citizens are all for progress but not this kind.
Flournoy is in charge a leasing the space to multi-national defense contractors, etc. This a JV project, not a "we tell John what to do" project. Let's just hope you don't end up having to get one of those "temp" jobs. You have no clue what you are talking about. Columbus has been rated by several agencies as one of the hot job growth regions in the country. Be happy that these jobs are coming. You sound angry that progress and jobs are being created. Just be glad they are in this environment.

BTW, what do you consider progress then??

Last edited by Columbus1984; 06-27-2010 at 11:11 AM..

Old 06-27-2010, 08:46 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,880,495 times
NOTICE:

I would strongly advise folks refresh their reading of the terms of service agreement that goes over conduct in the rooms before the bickering continues:

http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 07-01-2010, 09:44 AM

Thanks GregI had been warned about this poster previously by several members who have obviously had issues with him as well.I guess that is why the columbus site is pretty much ignored.

Old 07-01-2010, 10:58 AM

1 posts, read 2,945 times
Default Looking for Alaga

Could anyone help me please? I want to find out what happened to the Alaga Feed Co-op of Columbus Georgia. After my in laws passed away we found certificates issued to them from this company. My inlaws owned and operated a dairy for many years. I searched online for this company to no avail. I think perhaps they were bought out. If anyone could send me any info I'd greatly appreciate it. My email address is mhbryant04@yahoo.com, or answer here. Thanks!

Old 07-13-2010, 07:53 PM

594 posts, read 3,436,465 times
Good news the columbus city council just passed and approved the swift mill condo project.This is great news I think this is going to be a great project once its finished.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jam 5 View Post
Good news the columbus city council just passed and approved the swift mill condo project.This is great news I think this is going to be a great project once its finished.
This is going to be a great project. I am glad to see Columbus redevelop a lot of the old mills. It will be a great addition to downtown once the project is complete!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA