Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2010, 07:11 PM

14 posts, read 34,494 times

Advertisements

Looking to relocate to columbus, oh.

Posted Today at 09:03 PM by jimmy-2007
We are a family of 5 and we are looking to relocate to outskirts of Columbus, OH. Can someone please shed some light on where are the best places to live for middle class wages, raise a family, good schools and good job opportunities.
Also I have heard that there are a lot of tornados, can someone please tell if there are a lots of tornados that go through Columbus? Is this a safe place to live?

Thanks
Jimmy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 07:54 PM

61 posts, read 257,543 times
Jimmy, if you want a safe place to live that housing is affordable to a working class wage with good schools you could try Marysville. It is 20 minutes fron 270 and around 35 minutes to downtown C-Bus. Not sure about East side or South side communities.

Old 06-29-2010, 12:31 PM

183 posts, read 634,075 times
No the Columbus area actually doesn't get as many tornadoes as Tampa. You can check weather.com and they have a new thing that lists the amount of tornadoes the major metro areas have had in the last 50 years and Tampa actually is one of the highest in the country. Now that may be because of spin offs of hurricanes, but the tornadoes are not that big of a deal in the Columbus metro.

I agree with Marysville, but I grew up in Marysville so I may be a bit biased, but the schools are good and the area has been growing so there are a lot more amenities now than even when I graduated from high school in 2001.

It depends on if you want to literally live on the outskirts (which would be Marysville) or if you would like to live in a suburb (not an exurb). Suburbs that would be good for working class would probably be Hilliard on the west side, Gahanna on the east side, Grove City on the south side, or Worthington and Westerville on the north side.

Marysville, Hilliard, Worthington and Westerville are going to have the better schools. Worthington and Westerville are usually a bit more expensive than Marysville, Hilliard, Grove City, and Gahanna.

So your best bet for pricing and schools would probably be Marysville or Hilliard.

Old 06-29-2010, 05:33 PM

1,412 posts, read 4,484,669 times
Grove City schools are becoming better, of any schools in the South Western SD, Grove City is the best in one of the best ones. I can not remember what district Hilliard is in, but those schools are up and comming as well. They have built a couple new schools recently.

Old 06-30-2010, 07:14 AM

183 posts, read 634,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momotaro View Post
Grove City schools are becoming better, of any schools in the South Western SD, Grove City is the best in one of the best ones. I can not remember what district Hilliard is in, but those schools are up and comming as well. They have built a couple new schools recently.
Hilliard has it's own district. That's why they have 3 high schools. Grove City is the only city that I mentioned that doesn't have it's own district. But you are correct that Grove City's schools in the South Western City School District are the best of that particular district.

Old 06-30-2010, 08:36 AM

133 posts, read 589,735 times
I would recommend Hilliard. It is a nice, safe, affordable community with nice parks and the schools are excellent. Home prices are pretty comparable to Westerville or Worthington but the taxes are a bit higher due to the school district. The other nice thing about Hilliard is it is about a 15 minute drive to downtown Columbus.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus