U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 03:56 PM

133 posts, read 490,370 times

Advertisements

I vote for Grandview, Short North or Victorian Village.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2010, 09:57 AM

21 posts, read 54,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyegal78 View Post
I vote for Grandview, Short North or Victorian Village.
These places are all artsy places. Why would you recommend it for a truck driving, beer drinking kind of guy? This guy would stick out like a sore thumb in those areas.

Old 07-19-2010, 12:52 PM

133 posts, read 490,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northwestandking View Post
These places are all artsy places. Why would you recommend it for a truck driving, beer drinking kind of guy? This guy would stick out like a sore thumb in those areas.

The reason I suggested those areas is because he said he wanted Urban, and near parks. Goodale Park...and that is definately an Urban area.

Old 07-20-2010, 01:39 PM

19 posts, read 33,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by penzey View Post
Check out the Westgate area (West side of Columbus) or Merion Village, (South side of Columbus. Both are "urban" (inside the 270), have working class, blue collar vibes, are pet friendly, and fairly safe. You can buy a charming older house in those areas that would cost 3-4 times that amount in Grandview, Clintonville, or Bexley. You'll be close enough to the city action (Short North, German Village, Downtown) without paying a lot of $$$.
I was going to suggest Westgate as well. I was born and raised there, moved away for 12 years, and came back. Never mind all the bad press about the west side, Westgate is the nice little doughnut hole.

Old 07-20-2010, 02:10 PM

49 posts, read 142,487 times
Personally from your description, I wouldn't say German Village, Victorian Village, or the Short North would be your type of area. Those places are the Urban core of Columbus, and even though they are great areas near downtown they are also diverse. When I picture your description, I don't picture those areas. I think Hilliard, Grove City, or Reynoldsburg/Pickerington would be your kind of place. that's just my $.02

Old 07-20-2010, 08:51 PM

239 posts, read 803,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halah View Post
I was going to suggest Westgate as well. I was born and raised there, moved away for 12 years, and came back. Never mind all the bad press about the west side, Westgate is the nice little doughnut hole.
I agree with this poster and the other that suggested Westgate. Probably has some of the elements you're looking for and it is urban, rather than suburban. Westgate was recently mentioned as one of the best neighborhoods in the Columbus area by a local magazine. It is affordable and unpretentious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus