U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 12:14 PM

53 posts, read 267,625 times

Advertisements

I am a HUGE fan of pizza, but I'm also really picky with what I call pizza. I'm so sick of all these cookie-cutter places we have around here, and I was wondering if someone knew of any GOOD pizza joints (preferably delivery). No Papa Johns, donatos, dominos, pizza hut, or DiGiorno please

The only pizza I consider edible these days is donatos by the way, but I was hoping for some change.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2010, 01:09 PM

372 posts, read 588,384 times
Some good non cookie-cutter pizza places are as follows:

Panzera's (Grandview)
Rubino's (Bexley)
Rotolo's (Grandview) - though they now have several places around town
Flying Pizza (OSU)
Tommy's (OSU and Upper Arlington)
Eagle Pizza (New Albany)
Dante's (Clintonville)
Adriatico's (OSU)

Old 07-18-2010, 04:16 PM

21 posts, read 54,461 times
The best pizza I've ever had in my life is Mama Mimis. They're a take and bake operation. There's locations in Grandview, Clintonville and somewhere else, I believe. They've won several pizza competitions.

Old 07-18-2010, 04:44 PM

198 posts, read 440,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northwestandking View Post
The best pizza I've ever had in my life is Mama Mimis. They're a take and bake operation. There's locations in Grandview, Clintonville and somewhere else, I believe. They've won several pizza competitions.
I just checked out their menu. I'm a meat eater and they don't have much meat on their pizza except for chicken.

Where's the beef?

Old 07-18-2010, 05:55 PM

205 posts, read 566,140 times
zPizza in the Short North and the award winning Bexley Pizza Plus are both good

Old 07-18-2010, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodycount View Post
I just checked out their menu. I'm a meat eater and they don't have much meat on their pizza except for chicken.

Where's the beef?
They have as much meat as you will find anywhere else.

Maybe you need to check their menu out again.

Mama Mimi's Take 'N Bake Pizza - OUR MENU!

Old 07-18-2010, 08:15 PM

49 posts, read 142,487 times
so maybe UNO's might be to cookie cutter for you, but its amazing... Donatos to me is crap, and Bexley Pizza Plus is mediocre. Personally, I would look around campus... you know OSU has to have at least a couple awesome pizza places.

Old 07-19-2010, 02:26 AM

53 posts, read 267,625 times
thanks for all the suggestions everyone! please keep them coming if you have more! I actually wrote down your list Cbus76!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwestandking View Post
hmm, I need to try this place maybe. I've heard good things about it multiple times. I think the somewhere else you may be talking about is the one on henderson road. There's a subway there, and on the opposite side of the road there's that gyro shop, fifth third bank, and chase. It's on Henderson between Sawmill Rd. and Reed Rd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CwEshelman View Post
you know OSU has to have at least a couple awesome pizza places.
oh yeah.. OSU definitely has their share of good pizza joints... I've tried them all though... I did undergrad and graduate school there, so I had a lot of time to check them all out. They're all pretty good, including that new york place right on high street that sells them by the slice. I do have to say that when it comes to campus pizza, adriatico's definitely takes the cake in my opinion. Good stuff!

thanks again everyone!

Old 07-19-2010, 06:31 AM

158 posts, read 345,094 times
Massie's is my favorite and Hound Dog pizza on Campus is always good.

Old 07-19-2010, 08:59 PM

Massey's is good but expensive. Mama Mimmis has a special of two small pizzas for 10 bucks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or