Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 11:47 PM

291 posts, read 752,229 times

Advertisements

I am shocked by the ignorance of many of you. Do you realize that the so called confederate flag is the WAR flag of the Confederacy . The real confederate flag is different.

This War flag is a symbol to many Americans of oppression and pure ignorance. Don't be too shocked if your car gets damaged.

What the hell is White pride? You mean English pride? Scottish Pride? Irish pride? Or maybe South Asian Indian Pride as they too are technically caucasian. What about Jewish pride? They are white as well.

It scares me what the future holds for this country with citizens that have no clue of history.

It is no wonder that they have forgotten the damage that the Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld regime has done.

Old 07-24-2010, 08:41 AM

49 posts, read 176,493 times
Lets be realistic. The confederate flag belongs in the South, and just is silly to have here in Ohio. If you feel so strong about it, get you happy ass back down to Alabama and fly it there, where people won't frown. You have every right to fly anything you want on your personal property, thats the beauty of freedom of speech, but you can't expect others to not take offense. Don't justify flying a confederate flag based on the fact that a black man can have a black panther bumper sticker without worrying if someone will rip it off. All this racial crap that has been going on recently is pathetic. How are we supposed to be a successful country when we focus too much on our differences instead of our similarities. Theres a lot of psychological reasoning behind someone like you, but quite frankly I don't think you'd understand. Go ahead and fly it high, just don't start cursing "them ******s" when your vehicle gets vandalized.

Old 07-24-2010, 08:47 AM

1,412 posts, read 4,484,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittNewbie View Post
I am shocked by the ignorance of many of you. Do you realize that the so called confederate flag is the WAR flag of the Confederacy . The real confederate flag is different.

This War flag is a symbol to many Americans of oppression and pure ignorance. Don't be too shocked if your car gets damaged.

What the hell is White pride? You mean English pride? Scottish Pride? Irish pride? Or maybe South Asian Indian Pride as they too are technically caucasian. What about Jewish pride? They are white as well.

It scares me what the future holds for this country with citizens that have no clue of history.

It is no wonder that they have forgotten the damage that the Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld regime has done.
The same can be said about black pride. Do you mean Somali pride, Carribean pride, South African pride, Ethopian pride, African American pride?

What about Asian pride, do people mean Japanese, Chinese, Mongol, South Korean, Cambodia?

It scares the what the future holds for this country with citizens who have no clue of history.

I am Scottish I hold great Scottish pride, which I catch flak for because I am white.

Also, Obama with a Democratic Congress, has brought this country down further then the Bush regime (which was bad). Is he failing because he is black? Nope, but it is because he is a poor leader.

Old 07-24-2010, 09:38 AM

3,546 posts, read 8,561,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBound47 View Post
And the Confederate Flag has nothing to do with being White, it has everything to do with protest of an oppressive government who wants to force its will on an unwilling populace.
I see. And did anyone in the Confederacy share similar concerns about the willingness--or lack thereof--of African-Americans to participate in a society and economic structure that included institutionalized racism, forced enslavement, and codified disenfranchisement? Considering that the south's plantation economy was entirely dependent upon slavery in order to remain a viable entity, I harbor significant doubts that there was much in the way of concern on the part of southern whites regarding the actions of an oppressive government that forced its will on an unwilling African-American populace. In fact, I seem to recall that they were willing to fight a four year war that cost hundreds of thousands of lives in order to continue just such a practice.

So you will of course forgive me if your white supremacist, racist diatribe fails to adequately convince me of your point of view.

Old 07-24-2010, 09:46 AM

3,546 posts, read 8,561,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momotaro View Post
The same can be said about black pride.
That seems a dubious assertion. Perhaps you could elaborate on it? And I would encourage you to think long and hard about what the nation the Confederate flag was flown for stood for before you provide an answer to your question. A more apt comparison for the flying of the Confederate flag would be the flying of the swaztika-emblazoned flag of the Third Reich. The difference being, of course, that Hitler's regime wanted to kill off those he thought were hurting his country, whereas the Confederacy needed to keep the slaves alive to keep tilling their fields and picking their cotton.

Old 07-24-2010, 09:53 AM

291 posts, read 752,229 times
Quote:

I am Scottish I hold great Scottish pride, which I catch flak for because I am white.

Also, Obama with a Democratic Congress, has brought this country down further then the Bush regime (which was bad). Is he failing because he is black? Nope, but it is because he is a poor leader.
Nope you shold be proud of your Scottish ancestors. that's the beauty of this nation... that we take the best of each of our ancestors and blend it into this so called melting pot.

But waving a WAR flag that is a symbol of oppression and ignorance is not acceptable. Its the same as German neo Nazi waving the Nazi flag and claiming their pride in being German. It is an insult to the German people if that's all that there is.

Share with us the literature , poetry, art and early industrial innovations form Scotland. Not the ignorance from a very dark period in America's history.

Have forgotten that Obama inherited this mess from the Republicans and their foolish choices? Choices to appease their rich corporate friends and not the American people.

The Bush regime invaded countries, killing and maiming and displacing millions in Iraq and creating more worldwide hatred towards the US. They also deregulated Wall street and allowed them to gamble on our dime.

What is this focus on Obama being black anyways? Remember that Obama came out of a white vagina just like you did. His race is irrelevant.

Last edited by PittNewbie; 07-24-2010 at 10:04 AM..

Old 07-24-2010, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Nope you shold be proud of your Scottish ancestors. that's the beauty of this nation... that we take the best of each of our ancestors and blend it into this so called melting pot.

But waving a WAR flag that is a symbol of oppression and ignorance is not acceptable. Its the same as German neo Nazi waving the Nazi flag and claiming their pride in being German. It is an insult to the German people if that's all that there is.

Share with us the literature , poetry, art and early industrial innovations form Scotland. Not the ignorance from a very dark period in America's history.

Have forgotten that Obama inherited this mess from the Republicans and their foolish choices? Choices to appease their rich corporate friends and not the American people.

The Bush regime invaded countries, killing and maiming and displacing millions in Iraq and creating more worldwide hatred towards the US. They also deregulated Wall street and allowed them to gamble on our dime.

What is this focus on Obama being black anyways? Remember that Obama came out of a white vagina just like you did. His race is irrelevant.

Kinda my point at the end.

Old 07-24-2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14thandYou View Post
That seems a dubious assertion. Perhaps you could elaborate on it? And I would encourage you to think long and hard about what the nation the Confederate flag was flown for stood for before you provide an answer to your question. A more apt comparison for the flying of the Confederate flag would be the flying of the swaztika-emblazoned flag of the Third Reich. The difference being, of course, that Hitler's regime wanted to kill off those he thought were hurting his country, whereas the Confederacy needed to keep the slaves alive to keep tilling their fields and picking their cotton.
Way not to read the whole thing.

Old 07-24-2010, 02:52 PM
j1g

5 posts, read 10,485 times
Quote:
Way not to read the whole thing.

Yeah I thought the same thing, selective reading maybe?

Old 07-24-2010, 03:02 PM
j1g

5 posts, read 10,485 times
Quote:

Good point, but I think whats more ridiculous is most people don't tolerate any "white pride" at all but "black pride" is just fine. Personally I don't get involved in it but the double standards aren't right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus