U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 02:35 PM

1 posts, read 22,191 times

Advertisements

Hello everybody, next April I have to move to Columbus. Could you please indicate me any safe, nice and quiet places to live. Thanks so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2006, 08:39 AM

2 posts, read 44,356 times
columbus isnt that bad, it takes some getting used to. i moved up here a little bit ago i hatted it i thought it was to big but its cool dont worry, im from Richmond ohio, little place nice tho. but ne ways if your going to move up here you would want to move to westerville its not to expensive, but also not to cheap. good place to raise kids if need be. good luck

Old 03-13-2006, 08:41 AM

2 posts, read 44,356 times
where are you from???????????

Old 03-18-2006, 08:01 PM

2 posts, read 30,347 times
Default I agree with Maple!

Westerville is a GREAT town but growing rapidly. Very good schools, sports, and city services. We lived there for several years and still visit friends there. Check it out...you'll like it!

Old 03-20-2006, 07:35 AM

1 posts, read 22,210 times
Hi. There are numerous communities in and around the Columbus area that can offer what your looking for. Is the school district a concern for you? [moderator cut] If schools are a concern for you, you may want to consider, these districts; Pickerington, Canal Winchester, South-Western City Schools, Reynoldsburg. [moderator cut]

Thanks, have a great day.

Last edited by Marka; 03-20-2006 at 07:56 AM..

Old 03-21-2006, 03:31 PM

13 posts, read 88,306 times
Dublin, definitely Dublin. You cannot beat the schools and it is as safe as you are going to be. If not Dublin, just outside Dublin in Columbus somewhere between Sawmill Road and Hayden Run Road area. Area behind Krogers near Sawmill and Hayden Run is a good, safe area. Lots of Condos and single family homes, also rentals, but very safe (and still is Dublin school district). Westerville is going downhill. Wouldn't recommend it as much as Dublin area.

Old 03-22-2006, 10:17 AM

1 posts, read 22,184 times
Default Places to live

Hello,

I moved to Columbus from the Cleveland area several years ago to attend school. I've decided to stay in Columbus now that I have finished school. I would love to fill you in on places to look! There are several different neighborhoods in Columbus that are nice to live, depending on your daily lifestyle, desire to commute, need for "space", and so on. Let me know!!

Old 04-07-2006, 09:05 AM

2 posts, read 23,679 times
Hilliard is also a nice area to live in. Good Schools, nice community, and not QUITE as expensive as the other areas.

Many things to do around town, easy to get just about anywhere, and lots of access to the highways, and ways to AVOID the highways when necessary.

What exactly are you looking for in a city?

Old 04-22-2006, 09:37 PM

6 posts, read 37,017 times
"Westerville is going downhill"? We have lived in Genoa Township/Westerville since 1998. We bought a house which has appreciated $65,000 since then. Our son graduated from Westerville North High School and attended the Delaware Area Career Center half days his last two years of high school. He is currently attending Columbus State Community College majoring in Interactive Multimedia. He's doing very well there due, in part, to the quality education he received at both schools. He's having an easier time than some other students, he feels, due to the high expectations at Westerville North and the Career Center. He was prepared for college before he entered it. Living in Westerville gives you the small town feel with close proximity to the reasons we all chose to move to the Columbus area. We have never feared for our safety. Westerville has a wonderful Parks & Recreation department. Uptown is quaint and relaxing. Easton Towne Center and Polaris Fashion Place <mall> give you completely different shopping experiences and are within a few miles of Westerville. I can't dispute that Dublin is a great place as well! I just had to defend my wonderful Westerville! :-)

Old 04-27-2006, 08:43 PM

1 posts, read 22,169 times
I've lived in Columbus for over 15 years. I went to school here and stayed. The nice thing about Cbus is that it's soso big, but still has a small town feel. We live in Clintonville and love it. We will probably move when our daughter reaches school age or do a private school. Schools are not great in this neighborhood - Columbus public. It's also a fairly liberal town compared to Cincinnati and Cleveland. We have great restaurants and shopping. Best school districts are Upper Arlington, Worthington, Dublin, Grandview, and New Albany. All of these areas are pricey. Pickerington and Westerville are good but growing way too fast - it will come back to bite them. I don't mean to offend Ohiolyn at all. Westerville does have a small town feel downtown and is close to lots of places. I just hate the traffic in all the suburbs.

Anyhoos, if you want more information, let me know.

Good luck!

Oh yea - if you're not into OSU football, you'll go crazy.

Last edited by Livylu; 04-27-2006 at 08:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus