Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 07:48 PM

76 posts, read 226,746 times

Advertisements

I can only speak about people in the Columbus area as someone from Calif. who visited family in the Utica area (small town with about 3,000 residents) which is about 30 miles from Columbus. Very friendly and helpful people in the area. I tell my friends in Calif. that Ohioans are so much more sane and friendly than Californians. Haven't been back there for about 1.5 years and miss it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2012, 05:54 PM

26 posts, read 70,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioHillJack View Post
You're concerned with whether the people of Columbus meet your standards. Let me ask you this. What makes you think that you meet Columbus' standards? Maybe Columbus would rather not have your attitude. Ever think about that?
I guess you have your answer. Not so nice.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:17 PM

4,479 posts, read 6,230,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioHillJack View Post
You're concerned with whether the people of Columbus meet your standards. Let me ask you this. What makes you think that you meet Columbus' standards? Maybe Columbus would rather not have your attitude. Ever think about that?
Now see, right here is a prime example of why people don't like you. And all this time you thought it was your breath....wait... Yep, it's a contributing factor as well.

All joking aside, lighten up.

Old 03-01-2012, 01:57 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,048,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post
Now see, right here is a prime example of why people don't like you. And all this time you thought it was your breath....wait... Yep, it's a contributing factor as well.

All joking aside, lighten up.
Why are you guys bumping a thread that ended a year ago?

Old 03-01-2012, 08:53 AM

4,479 posts, read 6,230,642 times
03-25-2011 is hardly years ago. But I bumped nothing...hilldomain....raised it from the dead. I merely came through the C-bus forums to see what was happening.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:32 PM

922 posts, read 805,797 times
Very nice, friendly, conservative and religious.

Old 04-25-2013, 12:14 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,048,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissrock View Post
The first two I get, but the last two? You sure you're not referring more to the outer suburbs? The city is not conservative whatsoever, and I remember seeing not too long ago that Columbus (and other Ohio metros) have relatively low religiosity compared to the national average.

Old 04-25-2013, 03:37 PM

1,279 posts, read 4,670,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissrock View Post
Are we talking about the same Columbus? Columbus was just ranked one of the least religious cities in the US, and is liberal to moderate across the entire city and metro.

Conservative and religious are the minority in Columbus city and metro.

Old 04-26-2013, 06:35 AM

1,846 posts, read 4,740,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetcreed View Post
Are we talking about the same Columbus? Columbus was just ranked one of the least religious cities in the US, and is liberal to moderate across the entire city and metro.

Conservative and religious are the minority in Columbus city and metro.

Yeah, I haven't run across many overly religious people or conservatives either. I think if you live in an outer suburb or maybe in the country then you will. Most people that live in the country are religious and/or conservative.

Nationally most urban areas are liberal.

Old 04-26-2013, 07:03 AM

28 posts, read 58,828 times
Ill never understand the "conservative and religious" when talking about Columbus. But people say that about Cincinnatti as well. The suburbs definitely, but there's a difference between urban and suburban. I think it's an Ohio thing.

That said, I do love the progressive feel of Columbus, weather it's there or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus