U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-10-2011, 09:23 PM

9 posts, read 17,196 times

Advertisements

Does anyone here have UVerse? How do you feel about their service and pricing? I haven't had cable for a couple years, but I am about to move into a new place and really need to have internet, and therefore getting cable as well. I hate Time Warner, because essentially they're horrible with customer service, so I'm between WOW and UVerse, except I don't know much about UVerse.

Any help would be appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 07:06 AM

556 posts, read 884,759 times
If you want cutting edge new features, go with Uverse. If you want affordable quality cable with good customer service, go with WOW.

Old 07-12-2011, 12:39 AM

178 posts, read 242,939 times
WOW cable is coming out with a uverse style DVR this fall where you can record up to 4 shows at once and watch them on any TV.

So it's going to get better. They will also upgrade to DOCSIS 3.0 at that time which means a lot faster internet speeds. Max right now is 15 meg download/2 meg upload but I heard it's going up to 30 meg download and maybe 40 meg download speeds.

Old 07-18-2011, 09:38 AM

35 posts, read 51,951 times
UVerse has by far the best TV experience, but it will cost you $$$$.

WOW if you want HD/channels for cheap.

Old 08-04-2011, 07:18 AM

5 posts, read 16,350 times
Default re: AT&T UVerse vs. WOW

I agree with the earlier post about this being a choice between features vs. customer service. We relocated to the area from out of state last week and I had this exact decision. Initially, I went with UVerse because of features and promotions, but things fell apart quickly and we ended up with WOW.

First, I spoke to an AT&T rep on the phone who promised one install date, and told me to sign up online to be sure we got it. I wanted that date because we were just moving in and wanted access for all the typical reasons but also because my wife works part time from home and needs a reliable Internet connection. I signed up right away and was assigned a date a day later. OK, so I just missed my date by one day, big deal. However, two days later I got a cryptic email with the message ERROR PROCESSING ORDER and no other notification. I decided I better try to reach customer service - 45 minutes on hold later I was told that the error was due to not being able to make the install date. I was assigned a new install date one week later than the original date... and that happened to be the one day when no one would be at our house so installation would not be possible. Another call where I tried to speak to a manager, they said someone would call me back and no one did for two days. I call back again, sit on hold forever while the hold message repeatedly tells me for at least 20 minutes that "there are 5... average wait time is... ZERO minutes" (no idea what they were trying to tell me) and finally speak to a very nice person who tells me they can install it the next day, which is the day before we close on the house, so that won't work. So, one might assume that if they can do it the next day they can do it on the original date, right? Apparently not and I find out that one of the reps erased my last assigned date and I'm now looking at 2 weeks after my original installation date.

So, I called WOW and spoke to a real person almost immediately. Service set up in a few minutes, very pleasant transaction. Called AT&T back right away and cancelled my order. The WOW installer showed up on time, work was completed as promised and so far we have zero complaints. I can't say that I would never consider Uverse again, but I just can't imagine what resolving a technical or service interruption issue would be like with them if just signing up for service was so difficult. And as an early post mentioned, WOW also told me that they'd be rolling out the multiple DVR technology later this year, so the gap between services might not be as great.

Old 08-05-2011, 01:18 PM

925 posts, read 2,083,006 times
On Monday we are switching from U-verse to WOW. We had ATT for the last 2 years and let me tell you my experiences were not good. First of all there are times we cannot get the info from the program guide ( " No cast information " etc.) and when I go to look up my phone call history many times there will be a message stating that it is invalid or unavailable- I pay pretty money for these services and I feel I am being ripped off if these services do not work properly. Another thing the Hallmark channel was taken away and it was not replaced and plus there are WAYYY too many shopping channels and 4 or 5 more are now ready to be added on. I was paid up to date and back in late November we were shut off due to non payment. I even lost my basic phone service! I had to go to a neighbors house to call and get it restored. When I called they put me to collections . I have made previous payments and have comfirmation numbers for them! When I tried to give the bill collector my confirm numbers of payments he rudely interupted me and refused to take them. Instead he keep going on and on about that past "outstanding delinquent balance" and most of it has been already paid! I was forced to pay another 60 dollars before they would even consider restoring our service. I paid that and they said my service would be back on within two hours but to add insult to injury a 100 dollar reconnect fee would be slapped on. Well the two hours had passed and still no service! My husband had called later that night and he was told that there has been no payment made since the beginning of September! It turned out to be that someone there did not do their job and give us credit for our payments. We had to dig out the last three comfirm numbers while the lady held on. We gave them the comfirm number and the lady finally gave us credit and our service was finally restored. However we were still stuck with that hundred dollar reconnect fee and it was SOMEONE ELSE'S incompetence and mistake! Another gripe is when I pay over the automated pay system it gives out the balance and that should be private imformation between a customer and a LIVE rep. It is easy for anyone who happens to gets access to a customer's pass code to receive such personal imformation when using the automated system. I hope WOW would handle things much more competently and fairly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus