Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2006, 02:50 PM

35 posts, read 237,499 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are looking to open a chiropractic practice in the suburbs of Columbus when when graduate in February 2007. I have heard that New Albany, Dublin, Powell, Worthington, Westerville, Pickerington, and Upper Arlington are great suburbs. Which suburb would be the best to open a business? Any thoughts on the subject would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2006, 10:44 AM

1 posts, read 3,632 times
I say that Pickerington would be the best. It seems to be the fastest growing community out of those options and I think that'd be best for a business to grow.

If your going for the best suberb... my personal favorite is Upper Arlington.

Old 10-17-2006, 10:04 PM

15 posts, read 50,695 times
Default Col. oh

You may want to check Pataskala out it is outside of Col. a little, but very nice!!

Old 10-19-2006, 10:26 PM

3 posts, read 10,216 times
I recently moved from Upper Arlington to Cleveland, OH, and I miss it so much! Arlington is absolutley the place to be in Columbus.

Old 10-22-2006, 07:47 PM
Gee

67 posts, read 340,616 times
Default That Depends....

Those are all great choices. But it all depends on the atmosphere that you are looking for. I don't consider Upper Arlington a suburb and the start up costs and taxes are extremely high, but you would be catering to the UPPER eshilon of society -- if that is what your goal is then UA fits the bill. You may find the same with New Albany and Dublin - rent and land prices are high. Since you will be starting out you may want to consider Grove City or Hilliard. Rents there will be more in line with an upstart business. Grove City, Hilliard, Powell, Worthington, Westerville, Pickerington are mainly middle class suburbs. They all have their pros and cons. I would advise visiting.

Old 06-10-2007, 09:59 AM

1 posts, read 3,554 times
Default Best Place for a Business

I would say Westerville. Westerville has a diverse population. The population in Westerville is around 40,000 and is the 10th largest school district in Ohio. Businesses had thrived in Westerville. I heard from a variety of sources that businesses do better in Westerville than in Pickerington. I live, work and shop in Westerville. It's also borders Worthington and Gahanna. Combined with those two suburbs, you can't go wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bem0 View Post
I say that Pickerington would be the best. It seems to be the fastest growing community out of those options and I think that'd be best for a business to grow.

If your going for the best suberb... my personal favorite is Upper Arlington.

Old 06-10-2007, 08:02 PM

11 posts, read 60,490 times
Some have said that Dublin is expensive re: rent (it probably is), but there seem to be (as I casually drive by) medical spaces in the areas of Columbus bordering Dublin and UA that appear to be vacant, so you might get a better rent deal if you hunt around just outside the city limits of the burbs. Just an idea, good luck with the practice.

Old 06-12-2007, 02:04 PM

1,279 posts, read 4,670,134 times
Yes, in columbus Henderson and Bethel rd have office space for medical offices everywhere, and more is being build. I have all of my doctors on those two streets, actually.
Both of those streets are in columbus city limits but sandwiched between Arlington and Dublin Worthington and the nice columbus community of Clintonville.

Often a suburb's commerical streets do not exist within the suburban city limits but columbus' city limits. (Henderson near Arlington, Grandview Ave near Grandview Heights, Crosswoods near worthington, Hilliard Rome Rd, near Hilliard) all of those streets serve as commercial areas for the suburbs are columbus addresses. I hope that helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus