Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 08:15 PM

205 posts, read 653,567 times

Advertisements

Hi perrymason007,

I know where you come from. We moved here from West Bloomfield ourselves. I didn't mean to sound negative about Chillicothe, just was pointing out that its not really a suburb of Columbus (just as Ann Arbor, Lansing or Flint isn't a suburb of Detroit). I haven't explored outside the metro Columbus area much. I agree 100% that commuting from anywhere but the southernmost areas of Columbus would be out of the question. Columbus on average has half the snow that Detroit does although I have been here for three winters and the first two had at least as much snow as Detroit and this last one was a warm winter both here and in MI. Bloomfield Hills have some of the best schools in MI, for sure. You will want to investigate schools here wherever you are looking at moving to. OH schools on average are much better than MI schools on average but Bloomfield Hills schools can compete with the Dublins, New Albanys, Upper Arlingtons, etc that Columbus has to offer.

Best of luck to you and congratulations on escaping MI.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2012, 08:52 PM

1,412 posts, read 4,483,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perrymason007 View Post
Thanks Momotaro.

I was looking at Grove city as an option. Google mapped it and it says 1 hr 3 mins from grove city. It probably would be an ideal choice. Like a poster said anywhere from columbus to chillicothe it looks like a minimum of an hour. My husband is agains staying in columbus and wants to live in chillicthe . He cites that in winter commutes might be longer and drive harder. What is your experience in winter??

Thanks a ton

My experience in Winter is not to bad. 23 is usually kept pretty clean with snow because of all the commercial traffic that goes through it. The only issue you would have is once you got around Chillicothe proper as I do not feel they handle snow clean up well.

Old 03-17-2012, 08:18 PM

279 posts, read 591,575 times
I would not live in Columbus and commute to Chillicothe. It is everybit of an hour from nothern Chillicothe to the Southend of Columbus. That doesn't include the trip around 270 to your suburb.

Chillicothe, while it is not a hug city has a lot to offer. If you want to live closer to Columbus then I would live in Ashville (NOT South Bloomfield). Ashville has good schools and is very very very safe. Asvhille to Columbus is about a half hour drive and Ashville to Chillicothe is about a half hour drive. If you want a little bigger but not Columbus you could live in Lancaster (take 22 W from Lancaster to 159 S to get to Chillicothe). Lacaster is also very safe and has more to offer than Chillicothe.

Old 03-18-2012, 01:47 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,050,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPY1 View Post
I would not live in Columbus and commute to Chillicothe. It is everybit of an hour from nothern Chillicothe to the Southend of Columbus. That doesn't include the trip around 270 to your suburb.

Chillicothe, while it is not a hug city has a lot to offer. If you want to live closer to Columbus then I would live in Ashville (NOT South Bloomfield). Ashville has good schools and is very very very safe. Asvhille to Columbus is about a half hour drive and Ashville to Chillicothe is about a half hour drive. If you want a little bigger but not Columbus you could live in Lancaster (take 22 W from Lancaster to 159 S to get to Chillicothe). Lacaster is also very safe and has more to offer than Chillicothe.
Ashville and South Bloomfield are nearly the same town anymore. Even so, they are very close together and there's not much difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus