Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 01:07 PM

332 posts, read 822,102 times

Advertisements

When I went there to look at homes I felt the surrounding neighborhoods were not as nice. Can a single female jog at night around there? Thanks!

Oops bexley I meant!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2012, 05:22 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,061,657 times
Bexley is very safe and has good schools. The surrounding area is definitely not as nice, but you shouldn't have any problems in Bexley. It's long been somewhat of an island. The good news is that, according to the latest Census data, many of the surrounding areas are starting to slowly go through the early stages of gentrification, especially the closer you get to Downtown.

Old 03-15-2012, 10:43 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,183,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle_pal View Post
When I went there to look at homes I felt the surrounding neighborhoods were not as nice. Can a single female jog at night around there? Thanks!

Oops bexley I meant!
Bex is safe and you're observation is correct, the surrounding neighborhoods(depending on where you're located in Bex) are not as desirable. They're not "horrible" but you'll need to be alert.

As far as jogging, I don't think I'd jog at night even if I were in a gated community.

You have to use good judgement. Is there a reason why you MUST jog at night?

Not that it would happen but you're more likely to be a victim of crime at sunset than in daylight. Of course it makes no difference, crime can occur at anytime but Columbus, as nice as it is, is not Mayberry.

Old 03-17-2012, 12:35 PM

Well, to be honest I was talking around 8 PM and due to my schedule yes that would be the best time. This questions is more about the saftey of the area. If I wanted to go, could I?

Old 03-17-2012, 12:37 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,061,657 times
Quote:
Well, to be honest I was talking around 8 PM and due to my schedule yes that would be the best time. This questions is more about the saftey of the area. If I wanted to go, could I?
In Bexley, yes. Just use common sense and be aware of your surroundings just like you would anywhere else.

Old 03-17-2012, 12:38 PM

Cool thanks!

Old 03-17-2012, 08:11 PM

279 posts, read 591,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Bexley is very safe and has good schools. The surrounding area is definitely not as nice, but you shouldn't have any problems in Bexley. It's long been somewhat of an island. The good news is that, according to the latest Census data, many of the surrounding areas are starting to slowly go through the early stages of gentrification, especially the closer you get to Downtown.
I completely agree. There is a college in Bexley, OH. Maybe to get an idea of safety in the area contact their Safety Department. They might be able to give you some idea.

Another good part of town is Upper Arlington & Grandview Heights.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:44 PM

406 posts, read 1,431,656 times
Bexley is a very nice and extremely safe neighborhood off of East-broad street that has a large share of mini-mansions...however, if you go more then a mile in any direction you will be in the hood so be careful where you jog.

Old 04-01-2012, 05:56 PM

26 posts, read 89,970 times
Quote:

Oops bexley I meant!
Bexley is extremely safe and a great little island in the middle of the city!

Old 04-08-2012, 08:56 AM

2,155 posts, read 4,581,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantyall2know View Post
however, if you go more then a mile in any direction you will be in the hood so be careful where you jog.
LOL so true.

Bexely is a very safe area and I'm sure you will love it. Just be extra careful going out of the neighborhood at night when you're alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus