Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 11:33 AM

205 posts, read 652,528 times

Advertisements

Happy to help. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 02:23 PM

168 posts, read 299,014 times
We lived in North of Woods for 10 years and agree with most of what the other posters said.

Something to consider is that while New Albany may not have a lot of AA population, the ones that I knew when we lived there were very well educated (doctors, lawyers, corporate execs) and from what I could tell had great relationships with others in the community. NA (especially the country club area) is not that diverse when it comes to socio-economic. We moved there in 1999, we were told that NA was 30% jewish.

We enjoyed our time in New Albany.

Old 05-20-2012, 04:30 PM

18 posts, read 60,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripmom View Post
We lived in North of Woods for 10 years and agree with most of what the other posters said.

Something to consider is that while New Albany may not have a lot of AA population, the ones that I knew when we lived there were very well educated (doctors, lawyers, corporate execs) and from what I could tell had great relationships with others in the community. NA (especially the country club area) is not that diverse when it comes to socio-economic. We moved there in 1999, we were told that NA was 30% jewish.

We enjoyed our time in New Albany.
That information is very helpful, thank you for your thoughts. I think openness, courtesy, and mutual respect far outweigh racial or economic similarities. Knowing that race wasn't a factor in comfort of relationships is good to know.

Care to share why you departed/where you are now?

Old 05-21-2012, 10:27 PM

We left because of a corporate relo. You will see a lot of that in N.A.

I think I was trying to say that when we lived in N.A. I found that there was almost more racial diversity that socio-economic diversity. Does that make sense? I met people of different races , different religions and different countries, but almost all of them were well educated, sophicated people.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:31 PM

1,046 posts, read 1,531,055 times
Can anyone comment on the homes in the sub divisions like Preserve and Albany Park which are in New Albany school district but pay Columbus taxes?

Old 05-22-2012, 05:29 PM

maxmodder,

Do you have any specific questions about those subdivisions? My take on them is they are great for families. When we lived in N.A., Albany Park was off to a very slow start as far as home sales. Do not know if that is true now.

The Preserve was filled with families with a lot of young kids. The lots and house square footage were smaller than the typical NACC house.

Both developments are entry price point for new or newer construction with New Albany schools.

Hope this helps.

Old 05-22-2012, 05:51 PM

489 posts, read 859,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmodder View Post
Can anyone comment on the homes in the sub divisions like Preserve and Albany Park which are in New Albany school district but pay Columbus taxes?
Both of those subdivisions contain homes that are on the lower end of the price range for the New Albany school district. One thing to keep in mind about them is there is a large development about to get started near Dublin-Granville Road and Hamilton Road (basically in between the two subdivisions) that will add a bunch of apartments/office/commercial development. There is another subdivision called Hampsted that is a bit more expensive, but is more developed and closer to the schools and would be worth looking at if you are also considering the Preserve and Albany Park.

Old 05-22-2012, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbus76 View Post
Both of those subdivisions contain homes that are on the lower end of the price range for the New Albany school district. One thing to keep in mind about them is there is a large development about to get started near Dublin-Granville Road and Hamilton Road (basically in between the two subdivisions) that will add a bunch of apartments/office/commercial development. There is another subdivision called Hampsted that is a bit more expensive, but is more developed and closer to the schools and would be worth looking at if you are also considering the Preserve and Albany Park.
If looking at Hampsted Village, be aware most homes are in the win-win (Columbus taxes, New Albany Schools) but many are in New Albany proper.

Old 05-23-2012, 05:58 AM

1,046 posts, read 1,531,055 times
Thanks for the replies everyone! Are there school buses that pick up the kids for all 3 of these subdivisions?

Old 05-23-2012, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmodder View Post
Thanks for the replies everyone! Are there school buses that pick up the kids for all 3 of these subdivisions?
Yes. All three neighborhoods are packed with families with kids and the busses quickly become a way for the kids in the neighborhood to socialize and get to know each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus