U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 10:01 AM

8,525 posts, read 8,195,866 times

Advertisements

Premier Business Conference Heads to Columbus - MarketWatch

Kudos to BE for coming to Columbus.

www.BlackEnterprise.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 10:32 PM

235 posts, read 233,165 times
Interesting. Isn't this meeting usually held in cities like Atlanta, Chicago, and DC?? I don't subscribe to Black Enterprise magazine anymore.

Old 05-14-2012, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_MVP View Post
Interesting. Isn't this meeting usually held in cities like Atlanta, Chicago, and DC?? I don't subscribe to Black Enterprise magazine anymore.
Usually in the southern part in the country including Orlando. I used to subscribe but I've out grown the storylines as I have for other business magizines like Inc. etc.....

Mags like Inc, and BE are general story mags.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:02 PM

247 posts, read 295,846 times
This is HUGE!!!

Old 05-30-2012, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooks50 View Post
This is HUGE!!!
Yes, it's a good move. The turn out is between 1,500-2,000 people.

I'd like to see a national Latino event visit as well.

Old 09-04-2012, 12:09 PM

13 posts, read 9,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post

Nice development.
Planning on moving to Columbus soon.
As I research Columbus online it seems like there are so many great things going on!

Old 09-04-2012, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sali777 View Post
Nice development.
Planning on moving to Columbus soon.
As I research Columbus online it seems like there are so many great things going on!
I would have to say Columbus is "growing up".

With the new hotel on High St that connects to the convention center we can attract larger events because we have the rooms to hold the visitors.

We can now put our name in the hat for a political convention. One of the qualifications is to have at least 21,000 hotel rooms. We now have that with the new hotel.

That's going to get great for the Short North business district. People stay in hotels and after business hours go out and look for food and drinks.

If you could get some sort of light rail system, that would be great.

Old 09-04-2012, 11:03 PM

13 posts, read 9,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I would have to say Columbus is "growing up".

With the new hotel on High St that connects to the convention center we can attract larger events because we have the rooms to hold the visitors.

We can now put our name in the hat for a political convention. One of the qualifications is to have at least 21,000 hotel rooms. We now have that with the new hotel.

That's going to get great for the Short North business district. People stay in hotels and after business hours go out and look for food and drinks.

If you could get some sort of light rail system, that would be great.

Sounds good.

Old 09-07-2012, 08:45 PM
Status: ""My dad is better than your dad" - City vs City Forum" (set 16 days ago)

5,957 posts, read 3,539,426 times
Columbus would be the best city for a convention in the ultimate bellweather state. I bet both parties are creaming in their pants at the prospect, though I agree the gridlock would be horrible without an improved public transit system.

Old 09-09-2012, 09:36 AM

7,694 posts, read 4,910,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Columbus would be the best city for a convention in the ultimate bellweather state. I bet both parties are creaming in their pants at the prospect, though I agree the gridlock would be horrible without an improved public transit system.
Luckily, every single road and highway is under construction at the same time in Columbus.

I've been back for a couple weeks on a visit and it's hard going anywhere without running into road construction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus