Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2012, 06:04 PM

801 posts, read 2,566,125 times

Advertisements

I've been reading alot about Columbus neighborhoods near downtown. Nothing much good seems to come out of the Franklinton area, according to the posts on the forums.

I did find this site though: Franklinton Development Association - Home which puts a very positive spin on the redevelopment in the community.

Can anyone give some comments on the 3 rental developments mentioned (Lucas, Boulevard, and Hawthorn Village) or the homes for sale such as this one - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?p...d=300297545430

Just wondering if this neighborhood is as bad as we hear, or if there's some pockets of peace and hope there.

I looked up the house address in CrimeReports, and it looks like things get a lot worse SOUTH of Town St. and especially the Sullivant corridor. The hospital area does not seem that hard-hit with crime.
But there's no doubt things would be better East of the 315 Innerbelt.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Last edited by summer22; 06-07-2012 at 06:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2012, 10:18 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,061,657 times
The further east in Franklinton, the better, as that's where most of the revitalization is occurring right now. The area as a whole still has some major problems and the revitalization process is really still in its early stages, but I do think that it's on the right track for the first time in a very long time.

That house at 49 Martin Ave was recently renovated. Google Earth still has an old photo of it. The street itself doesn't look too bad, but it's in an area west of 315, which is an area that's ultimately going to take longer before revitalization really moves in. Still, it's surprising to see the price of $105K. I would think getting that price in Franklinton would be a tough sell, even now. Maybe things are changing faster than I thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
View detailed profiles of: