Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 08:37 PM

5 posts, read 5,587 times

Advertisements

The situation: As an engineer, I am moving to Columbus for work for a duration of four months.

First and foremost, my company has me staying at an Extended Stay in Polaris, however I would really like to live closer to Columbus. So in a last minute attempt I am doing my own research.

I would be extremely appreciative for any indications on the best area to stay with the following in mind. I work up near Polaris, I should have a car, I am hoping to find a place that has good places to go out for food, close to a nightlife.

Lastly, if you want to just give me some general suggestions of what to do and not to do in Columbus it would be useful, I will be there from Nov - March.

Thank you in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2012, 09:05 PM

688 posts, read 1,117,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieMovingForWork View Post
The situation: As an engineer, I am moving to Columbus for work for a duration of four months.

First and foremost, my company has me staying at an Extended Stay in Polaris, however I would really like to live closer to Columbus. So in a last minute attempt I am doing my own research.

I would be extremely appreciative for any indications on the best area to stay with the following in mind. I work up near Polaris, I should have a car, I am hoping to find a place that has good places to go out for food, close to a nightlife.

Lastly, if you want to just give me some general suggestions of what to do and not to do in Columbus it would be useful, I will be there from Nov - March.

Thank you in advance!
If you're looking for nightlife try and find a place down off of Park Street or thereabouts. There's a ton of bars and clubs down there and being just a stones throw from them you shouldn't have any problem inviting someone you have the hots for back to your place for a hookup.

Old 09-17-2012, 12:50 AM

392 posts, read 1,068,166 times
Areas close to OSU or North High Street immediately north of downtown Columbus are good areas if you like nightlife.

Old 09-17-2012, 04:11 PM

Thank you for the feedback, in terms of age bracket, 21 - 25, is there much to do? I am fairly active. Is there a good population around that age bracket, I would imagine there is considering OSU.

Old 09-17-2012, 05:11 PM

249 posts, read 609,560 times
Columbus is one of the youngest median aged cities in the country there is alot to due not only due to OSU but due to other young professionals who have relocated here from other places.

Old 09-17-2012, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Thank you for the feedback, in terms of age bracket, 21 - 25, is there much to do? I am fairly active. Is there a good population around that age bracket, I would imagine there is considering OSU.
Yes, plenty of younger folks down on Park Street on Friday and Saturday nights. The Lifestyle Pavilion in the Arena District is another place where concerts etc occur and is not far from Park Street. If you like to get out and mingle I'm confident you'll want a place around Park St. It won't be quiet and relaxing but it doesn't sound like that's what you're looking for.

Old 09-18-2012, 04:04 PM

It is good to hear these responses, although I am there for work I do want to get a great experience while there... As I am coming from Australia, it doesn't get as cold as it gets in Columbus, where is there best and cheapest places to get clothing? Like factory outlets?

Old 09-20-2012, 08:51 PM

Quote:
It is good to hear these responses, although I am there for work I do want to get a great experience while there... As I am coming from Australia, it doesn't get as cold as it gets in Columbus, where is there best and cheapest places to get clothing? Like factory outlets?
There's a large factory outlet about 45 minutes south of Columbus down Interstate 71. See the link below.

Tanger Outlets: Jeffersonville, Ohio :: Home

If you're looking for current seasons fashion the areas premier mall is an outdoor facility known as Easton Town Center on the city's east side.

http://www.eastontowncenter.com/

Old 09-21-2012, 12:17 PM

259 posts, read 428,532 times
The Eddie Bauer outlet in columbus has pretty good deals on nice quality winter clothing. Especially if you go to the salvage sale on Friday or Saturdays. Check that stuff closely though, because they are sometimes damaged.

Old 09-24-2012, 09:24 AM

Thanks so much for all these responses.

If I move to Polaris, is it a good location to stay? I have been looking closer to the Columbus centre and around OSU but struggling to find somewhere to stay. I currently have a place booked in Polaris by work and may not be able to move this reservation. So I really want to know if this is an ok place to stay.

Look forward to the responses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus