Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is better?
Columbus 61 56.48%
Raleigh-Durham 47 43.52%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 03:28 PM

272 posts, read 380,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
No, I have no intention of being dragged into some long-lasting 10-year-old-style p*ssing match. Given the standards of NC education, I'm sure you can find plenty of people to engage you in that kind of "discussion".
Yea, because you know that you will lose the debate, I don't blame you.
So it's done. No need to respond to me. This forum was fun guys....take care
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2015, 03:34 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,545,629 times
Yeah, I had that phase too. I'm done defending anything besides reason and logic. Part of that involves not pretending like certain social ills exist in some places and not others.

jfre81 was the Greek god of the Internet. I pay him tribute. Back when we pulled chariots down the "information superhighway" with our modems, we had indiscernible identities online.

Old 01-16-2015, 04:49 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,048,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahlee boy View Post
Not true...
North Carolina:

ONE of the ORIGINAL 13 colonies And?
Sweet Potatoes Sweet potatoes what?
Tobacco Cancer, yeah!
PEPSI Coke knock-off.
Pork Pork what?
Furniture Furniture what?
Blue Crabs Blue Crabs what?
Hot Peppers Ditto.
Krispy Kreme Might explain obesity rates.
FIRST college for Blacks in the south "In the South" is the most important part.
K-CI & JOJO Not a clue.
J. COLE Ditto.
Anthony Hamilton Ditto.
Fantasia Barrino Oh, these are singers?
Terrence J Ditto.
Hardy Boyz Ditto. The counterpart to Nancy Drew?
Macho Man randy Savage Fake wrestling, not impressive.
Michael Jordan Legit entry, at least when measuring sports figures/famous people.
John Wall Nope. Not even on Wiki.
Maya Angelou Legit entry.
Greensboro sit ins at Woolworths I wonder what these were for...
Texas Pete Nope.
Black Beard the Pirate From England, 1/2 credit.
The Venus Flytrap NATURALLY grows here (Only place in the world) LOL...
Large military bases, FT BRAGG (Army) CAMP LEJEUNE (Marines) Small Air Force Base at SEYMOUR JOHNSON Meh..
BARBECUE Everyone has BBQ.
BMX GAMES NASCAR Light.
MOST AMERICAN IDOL WINNERS LOL...
Development of some of the FIRST HIV & CANCER drugs Legit entry.
Better Colleges Than who and based on what?
Tallest Mountains East Of the Mississippi Glorified hills for people who have never seen real mountains.
Wild Horses on the outer banks Every state has wild animals.
PGA Tour at PINEHURST Golf... zzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
Tallest Lighthouse in the US "Cape Hattaras" Since I appreciate history and architecture, I'll give you this one.

I CAN GO ON!!! You probably need to, because this is a pretty terrible list overall.

Ohio ???? Fill me in
No, I have more fun with your list of NC fail. Frankly, the first 4 or 5 things I'd mention for Ohio are, on their own, better than anything on your list.

Old 01-16-2015, 05:03 PM

Good lord.

Macho Man Randy Savage was actually born in Columbus and spent part of his childhood in Zanesville. He's probably thinking of Ric Flair, who was billed in wrestling as being from Charlotte. But, he was born in Memphis and grew up in Minneapolis.
Skyline Chili's (yes, it's from Cincinnati, but whatever) hot sauce is pretty much Texas Pete, which is pretty much weak Tabasco.
Columbus is a closer drive to Appalachia than Raleigh, and the mountains can be seen far off in the distance on a clear enough day.

He didn't even mention Duke's mayonnaise, which is really from South Carolina and the company that makes it is in Virginia, but since we were taking liberties...

Old 01-16-2015, 05:41 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,048,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Good lord.

Macho Man Randy Savage was actually born in Columbus and spent part of his childhood in Zanesville. He's probably thinking of Ric Flair, who was billed in wrestling as being from Charlotte. But, he was born in Memphis and grew up in Minneapolis.
Skyline Chili's (yes, it's from Cincinnati, but whatever) hot sauce is pretty much Texas Pete, which is pretty much weak Tabasco.
Columbus is a closer drive to Appalachia than Raleigh, and the mountains can be seen far off in the distance on a clear enough day.

He didn't even mention Duke's mayonnaise, which is really from South Carolina and the company that makes it is in Virginia, but since we were taking liberties...
Yeah, with that kind of list, it's no wonder NC needs the Wright Brothers.

Old 01-16-2015, 05:52 PM

Carolina pork BBQ is good stuff though.

Everywhere I've been, there's something good to eat. It's not a very productive line of debate. If we were intended to eat the same stuff everywhere, every restaurant would be Taco Bell like in Demolition Man.

Old 03-02-2015, 10:08 AM

1 posts, read 1,800 times
Guess what city made Forbes best for business and careers? Hint it's not any city in Ohio.. RDU beats out silicon valley.
For the record no city in Ohio has made the Forbes list. Raleigh and Charlotte both made the list.
[mod]link removed, please wait with links until you have at least 10 posts[/mod]

Last edited by Yac; 03-03-2015 at 02:32 AM..

Old 03-02-2015, 11:57 AM

5,294 posts, read 5,235,996 times
Quote:
Durham doesn't have more blacks than Raleigh.
I am from Raleigh/Durham and lived in Both cities. Maybe you mean to say Durham has a higher PERCENTAGE of blacks, but Raleigh has a higher number.

Durham= 40% of around 280,000= 112,400
Raleigh= 30% of around 440,000= 132,000

The area also has a higher percentage of Hispanics/Latinos than Columbus

As far as Columbus having a more international population, I have to disagree there as well.
You can't disagree w/ the hard numbers from the Census posted earlier.

Old 03-02-2015, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakaway71 View Post
I hate to butt in...but...in the last 10 years, Columbus' surrounding suburbs have been inundated with Hispanic and Muslim (somalian) families. The cities that were previously higher dollar areas to live and shop are not what they once were. Apparently, you guys either aren't from the Columbus area or are totally relying on statistics put out by a govt source, but I will tell you go head on down to the malls or frankly any shopping area in Dublin, Hilliard or the Polaris area and you will wonder what country you are in. Also, Columbus has publicly, for years had arms opened wide to the gay population. And they are everywhere. So. I guess the word diverse can mean different things to different people.

True, Columbus is very LGBT friendly...Raleigh and all of NC is so anti-LGBT it's not funny. They still ban civil unions there. No contest that Columbus is more diverse and more progressive

Old 03-02-2015, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Not true...
North Carolina:

ONE of the ORIGINAL 13 colonies
Sweet Potatoes...Nasty
Tobacco...Not something to be proud of...has caused the premature death of millions due to cancer and other illnesses, several unfortunately in my family.
PEPSI...Not as good as Coke
Pork...Cincinnati was the nations leading pork producer, not NC.
Furniture
Blue Crabs..Maryland more so
Hot Peppers....Mekong Delta in Vietnam has the hottest peppers...fail.
Krispy Kreme...Thanks for making so many lazy southerners excessively obese.
FIRST college for Blacks in the south...Ohio never needed all black colleges...our schools have always been integrated.
K-CI & JOJO...Who?
J. COLE...Who?
Anthony Hamilton...Who?
Fantasia Barrino...Who?
Terrence J...Who?
Hardy Boyz...why are you spelling them wrong? The boys in the books were the Hardy Boys
Macho Man randy Savage...Why claim some retarded WWF guy from the 80s tha nobody cares about.
Michael Jordan...Great player...not well known though until he went to Chicago
John Wall...good player...not a superstar though...Ohio can claim many players in sports of the same caliber.
Maya Angelou...good poet...Ohio has its share of good poets too.
Greensboro sit ins at Woolworths...what?
Texas Pete...What?
Black Beard the Pirate...why claim such a lowlife thug from his time?
The Venus Flytrap NATURALLY grows here (Only place in the world)...Who cares?
Large military bases, FT BRAGG (Army) CAMP LEJEUNE (Marines) Small Air Force Base at SEYMOUR JOHNSON...so you suck from the Government **** more...Ohio has Wright Pat AFB
BARBECUE...Memphis and Texas is better
BMX GAMES...Does anyone actually watch that stuff?
MOST AMERICAN IDOL WINNERS...Only Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood have ever become stars.
Development of some of the FIRST HIV & CANCER drugs...Ohio has done more in Cancer research
Better Colleges...in your dreams...Duke is the only one that is better than some of Ohio's top ones...btw, Ohio State nor any other Ohio colleges funnel athletes into fake classes like UNC did.
Tallest Mountains East Of the Mississippi....yawn...they're nothing close to the Rocky Mountains.
Wild Horses on the outer banks...We have many animals living in the Wilds.
PGA Tour at PINEHURST...US Open about once a decade goes there. The Memorial, considered the best Non Major plays annually here in the Columbus area.
Tallest Lighthouse in the US "Cape Hattaras"...when is it going to fall into the sea?

I CAN GO ON!!!!

Ohio ???? Fill me in
You brought nothing there worthwhile
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus