Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 05:10 PM

216 posts, read 627,795 times

Advertisements

i didn't address the "document everything" comment because it would do no good in a situation like being passed over because you weren't the favored candidate. impossible to prove. what's there to document? doesn't matter if you were passed over for a promotion because of your race, sexual orientation, etc. Unless someone outright says "we didn't promote you because you are xyz" it simply doesn't matter! You have no case. news flash..you can be fired for no reason too. we are all employees at will. they don't have to give you a reason. period. I know a bit about employment law and what goes on in the HR world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2014, 05:23 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,051,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoerin View Post
i didn't address the "document everything" comment because it would do no good in a situation like being passed over because you weren't the favored candidate. impossible to prove. what's there to document? doesn't matter if you were passed over for a promotion because of your race, sexual orientation, etc. Unless someone outright says "we didn't promote you because you are xyz" it simply doesn't matter! You have no case. news flash..you can be fired for no reason too. we are all employees at will. they don't have to give you a reason. period. I know a bit about employment law and what goes on in the HR world.
I'm familiar with at-will, but they actually can't fire you for any reason, because many reasons would be completely illegal based on state and federal laws. In any case, if you had no evidence and couldn't get any, how do you actually know that football, of all things, was the reason for the lack of promotion? If it was so obvious, it should've been pretty easy to prove one way or another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus