U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2014, 11:03 AM

1,556 posts, read 1,461,700 times

Advertisements

New Albany is great if you have the cash and want a newer home. Bexley is great if you're old money and want to live in an older home close to downtown.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2014, 12:15 PM

146 posts, read 286,442 times
There are some neighborhoods where there are new homes being built in the old neighborhoods. I have noticed this a few times in Upper Arlington and just saw one pop up in Grandview. Basically someone is buying existing property, tearing down the house, and building new.

OP said "modern" but I think you just meant "new" correct? Columbus doesn't have much to offer that I would call contemporary. Tons of production built homes but do your homework, quite a few of these builders have gotten themselves in trouble cutting corners. If you want a newer suburban home I may look for a neighborhood where the homes were custom built.

Old 11-12-2014, 11:30 AM

10 posts, read 7,288 times
New Albany is a wonderful place filled with new contruction. Upper Arlington is an "older style" community, but also a wonderful place. Both school districts are top notch, although NA's campus looks like a small college, it's gorgeous. Avoid Westerville and Dublin at all costs.

Old 11-18-2014, 07:11 AM

10 posts, read 7,485 times
You may also consider Powell as an alternative. If you are considering Dublin anyway, Powell is not that much further, and has a great downtown walking area, as well as a combination of newer/older homes to consider. If I can help in any way, let me know.

Old 12-21-2014, 07:27 AM

703 posts, read 655,082 times
New Albany and Dublin are both really good areas. Gahanna not so much, and I would quit looking in that area. Gahanna-Lincoln schools can't match up to New Albany-Plain, or Dublin City. You can find modern homes in both areas, however, New Albany has a kick to it. Everything down to its schools and homes look modern, but British, seriously. The school looks like one of those old private schools in London during the Victorian era, but it's really nice, and new. There are white fences everywhere, the roads are nice, and the modern homes are usually made out of brick and run at about $600K-1M. The school system of New Albany is very nice. The campus is excellent. There is one disadvantage which would be the main route to Columbus from New Albany, and it's surrounded by lower class areas, which isn't good, but that doesn't mean New Albany is that way. Dublin also has very modern homes. Anything ranging from bricks to anything else you can think of. The community is also considered upper class (affluent) and the schools and roads are excellent. Dublin City Schools also offers PSEOP and the world-class IBDP. It's also beside Hilliard, another great suburb to replace your consideration of Gahanna. As far as private schools, that's not really something many people in Columbus think is a good idea. Refer to my post where I talk about how pathetic private schools are, and how paying $20,000/year for tuition is shameful. Anyway, good luck with your search.

Old 02-10-2015, 02:51 PM

2 posts, read 1,435 times
Hi I just wanted to know if you were able to locate a good daycare. We are relocating to Columbus as well and looking into the JCC but wanted to know if there are other daycares that are highly recommended.

Old 02-12-2015, 10:15 PM

80 posts, read 104,350 times
Love New Albany... Bexley is surrounded by ghetto.. I went to Dublin schools and enjoyed them. Live in New Albany now, schools like beautiful

Private Schools

The Wellington school in Upper Arlington
Columbus Academy in Gahanna
Columbus School For Girls in Bexley
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or