U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2014, 06:12 PM

10 posts, read 10,205 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone,

My wife and I will be relocating from Orange County, CA in January for work and have started looking for a place. We are in our mid 20's with no children, so school districts are not a concern for us right now. I've been to OH only twice (wife once) so we will have to do all of our research online. Once we narrow our possibilities down we will then schedule a visit for the week of Dec 15th. We will be moving in January 3rd or 4th of 2015. We want to be in a safe, fun, lively neighborhood but still walking or biking distance to all the downtown festivals, bars, restaurants etc. From what I've read you don't want to be too close to OSU, but I'm not sure how close is too close. I've pasted an address from a listing that I've seen. If you could please give me a brief description of the area it would be much appreciated. Any other suggestions for DT rental properties as well as areas to search would be great. I will be working in Plain City so I'm hoping for no more than a 30-40 minute commute. We are looking for no more than $1,200/month rent not including utilities. It could be a townhome, apartment, condo/loft open to any suggestions and ideas.

Here is the address mentioned above.

1103 Oregon Ave, Columbus, OH 43201

Thank you for your help in advance.

Wesley

Last edited by WesleyAllyn97; 11-13-2014 at 06:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2014, 10:10 PM

12,800 posts, read 12,831,751 times
The address you're looking at is in Harrison West, which is more or less a part of Victorian Village. This is a fantastic location. You're close to all the Short North, and within biking/walking distance of Downtown. You'll also be only blocks away from Grandview Yard, which is still developing. If you can manage rent there for $1,200/month, I'd jump on that.

Otherwise, finding a rental is going to be somewhat tough in these areas. Vacancy rates are maybe about 1%, so you have to move quickly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus