Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2016, 07:29 AM

2 posts, read 1,356 times

Advertisements

Hi there! We will be relocating to the Columbus area. Looking for a suburb with excellent schools, local amenities and close to an ice rink that offers youth hockey. Very active family that loves to be outdoors, shopping and great food. Price range from $200,000-$300,000. Thx!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2016, 12:22 PM

11,052 posts, read 12,432,741 times
Dublin would be good for that. The more desirable areas will be out of that price range, but that being said, there are still some options in the upper 200s that are probably ok. I played at the Dublin chiller a lot growing up on road trips from Cleveland, and did the men's league and pickups during my OSU years. Good place.

http://ccyha.org/

Old 03-03-2016, 05:51 PM

259 posts, read 428,201 times
I don't know a lot about this personally, but there are Chiller rinks in Dublin, Lewis Center and Easton. That would have you looking at houses in Dublin, Olentangy (Lewis Center) and New Albany or Gahanna school districts. Maybe Worthington too.

I would talk to someone with the Hockey league you are interested in to see where they actually practice for the age/gender/level of your kids. Once you figure that out, come back and tell us more about the kind of neighborhood you want and maybe we can help you narrow your focus down a little more. Good Luck!

Old 03-10-2016, 08:37 AM

490 posts, read 863,148 times
There are good youth hockey leagues out of the Chillers at Dublin, Lewis Center and Easton. I've been pleased with the EYHA (Easton Youth Hockey Association). The school districts in Dublin, New Albany and Olentangy are all excellent. If you lived in Dublin you'd go to the Dublin Chiller, New Albany the Easton Chiller and Olentangy the Chiller North. At your price range, you may find it a bit difficult to find a home in New Albany or Dublin, Olentangy a little less so. Gahanna and Westerville are also nice suburbs with pretty good schools and would have more homes in the price range you are looking at - Gahanna would be close to Easton and Westerville about half way between Easton and Chiller North.

Old 03-22-2016, 08:52 AM

2 posts, read 1,356 times
My husband will be working in both Columbus and Springfield so he would like to stay on the west side of Columbus. Opinions on Hilliard?

Old 03-22-2016, 10:41 AM

64 posts, read 123,283 times
Hilliard has tons of families, plenty of homes in that price range, and is well thought of. Schools are good too. That's about all I know since we live on the opposite side of the city, but from what I gather it's a great suburb if you need to be on that side of town!

Old 03-28-2016, 10:56 AM

212 posts, read 686,869 times
Hilliard would be a good choice too. Their schools are excellent. It's close to Dublin and the Chiller. And depending on where in Hilliard, it's close to 70, so to get to Springfield would be a breeze. It's cheaper then Dublin and It's close to a lot of stuff. I think that would be a good choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus