U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2015, 01:28 AM

15 posts, read 12,792 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

Me and my wife thinking to move and one of the options is Columbus. We still don't have a job we are moving from Bulgaria and the things that we thinks are:

-safe places to live in columbus
-in the beginning we wont have a car so we need places with good public transport. I alreachy checked on cota.com and pretty much the downtown is ok.
-one of the reasons to review Columbus is because pretty much we dont want winter and the rent here is cheap.
- We are trying to find job through Internet but og course we wll have big change when we arrived. In my country i work for Ingram Micro- Accounts receivable and my wife is Purchasing Administrator. What do you think can we find job is these areas in Columbus
-overall
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2015, 09:42 AM

12,785 posts, read 12,759,016 times
Just curious, how did you hear about Columbus living in Bulgaria?

Anywhere near the Broad and High Street corridors have plenty of buses, so those are your best options. Any outer suburbs would be difficult to travel without a car. I don't know what your price range would be, but nice areas are Downtown, Arena District, German Village, Brewery District, Merion Village, Short North (Italian and Victorian Villages), Old North Columbus, Bexley and Clintonville. Other areas that are improving would be Weinland Park and Olde Towne East.

Columbus has winter. I don't know how it would compare to winter in Bulgaria, but it does get cold and there is snow. It's not a particularly severe winter place most years, but it has its moments.

I can't recommend any particular companies. I would check out a lot of the jobs sites. Columbus has low unemployment, so there are jobs available, but I'm not sure how it would work as far as if you would need a work visa.

Old 02-16-2015, 10:48 AM

72 posts, read 70,637 times
Greetings -

I highly recommend you move much further south. Right now as I'm writing this message we are in a cold snap - it's been 5 degrees F lately. If you don't want winter at all, you need to go to southeastern Texas, Florida, southern Georgia or southern California, or even Hawaii. There are places in the middle with mild winters such as Tennessee, South Carolina, Arkansas.

Columbus does have a lot of jobs; quantity of jobs here is no problem, however, finding a job with a good wage is a greater problem. The public transit here isn't bad depending on where you live. The bad thing is, downtown(where buses are most handy) can be quite pricey with rent unless you're in certain parts. And you don't want to move to the ghetto of east Columbus either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or