U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-24-2015, 08:34 PM
 
1 posts, read 644 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

I dont like Columbus Ohio. People are rude, saying whatever pops into their brain. Most of it is poor, and the kids are mouthy. They act like it is special. They need to stop building so many apartment complexes. Too much diversity as there are few whites, it is impossible to socialize, as the majority of the people are stuck up, even the poor ones. There is alot of crime here, not good to walk around too long after dark.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-24-2015, 09:08 PM
 
1,046 posts, read 1,142,480 times
Reputation: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by twihard View Post
I dont like Columbus Ohio. People are rude, saying whatever pops into their brain. Most of it is poor, and the kids are mouthy. They act like it is special. They need to stop building so many apartment complexes. Too much diversity as there are few whites, it is impossible to socialize, as the majority of the people are stuck up, even the poor ones. There is alot of crime here, not good to walk around too long after dark.
Sounds like you were in the wrong part of Columbus. Are you a Clevelander by chance? I enjoyed my time there and didn't experience anything you are describing. One thing I will say is that Columbus residents know how to be winners.

OSU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2015, 11:38 AM
 
96 posts, read 94,260 times
Reputation: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmodder View Post
Just say "go bucks" and it will instantly put a smile on 99% of the people who live in Cbus, especially since they are this years national
football champions.
As a OSU alumni, I'm actually a bit annoyed by that and the stupid O-H-I-O cheer during games. Feels like people are cheering for themselves, not the team...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2015, 11:45 AM
 
Location: Nashville TN
4,925 posts, read 4,595,934 times
Reputation: 4778
Columbus OH def is not the friendliest place on earth, the entire city reminds me of the East Coast cities in the fact that the city is socially progressive and people are very blunt in what they say. Sometimes people don't understand the difference between being rude and blunt. Columbus is a great town to grow up in but it was not my cup of tea, I really like living in Nashville the people are more outgoing and friendly here and more mild mannered its more of my style, I still have love for Columbus thou it was a great place to grow up but I would never move back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2015, 05:41 PM
 
Location: Mexico City, formerly Columbus, Ohio
12,785 posts, read 12,759,016 times
Reputation: 5443
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
Columbus OH def is not the friendliest place on earth, the entire city reminds me of the East Coast cities in the fact that the city is socially progressive and people are very blunt in what they say. Sometimes people don't understand the difference between being rude and blunt. Columbus is a great town to grow up in but it was not my cup of tea, I really like living in Nashville the people are more outgoing and friendly here and more mild mannered its more of my style, I still have love for Columbus thou it was a great place to grow up but I would never move back.
The worst people are those who use blanket statements to classify hundreds of thousands of people, the vast majority of which they never met and will never meet... but then act like they're authorities on how rude other people are. You can have the South.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2015, 05:56 PM
 
Location: Nashville TN
4,925 posts, read 4,595,934 times
Reputation: 4778
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
The worst people are those who use blanket statements to classify hundreds of thousands of people, the vast majority of which they never met and will never meet... but then act like they're authorities on how rude other people are. You can have the South.
Columbus OH is not my cup of tea but it will always be home to be, just not the place I choose to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2015, 09:49 PM
 
Location: Mexico City, formerly Columbus, Ohio
12,785 posts, read 12,759,016 times
Reputation: 5443
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
Columbus OH is not my cup of tea but it will always be home to be, just not the place I choose to live.
And that's all fine and good, but has nothing to do with the point I just made.

This entire thread is for people who feel comfortable maligning all the people in a city as rude, but seem to miss the irony that stereotyping others they don't know is pretty *amn rude. It's a fail so obvious, I'm not sure why or how people keep making it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2015, 09:54 PM
 
Location: Nashville TN
4,925 posts, read 4,595,934 times
Reputation: 4778
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
And that's all fine and good, but has nothing to do with the point I just made.

This entire thread is for people who feel comfortable maligning all the people in a city as rude, but seem to miss the irony that stereotyping others they don't know is pretty *amn rude. It's a fail so obvious, I'm not sure why or how people keep making it.
It is just my opinion obviously it was in general and my overall feel of the city residents. Columbus has some rude residents and some friendly ones but overall thats just my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2015, 11:22 PM
 
Location: Atlanta (Finally on 4-1-17)
1,850 posts, read 2,349,226 times
Reputation: 2572
Quote:
Originally Posted by twihard View Post
I dont like Columbus Ohio. People are rude, saying whatever pops into their brain. Most of it is poor, and the kids are mouthy. They act like it is special. They need to stop building so many apartment complexes. Too much diversity as there are few whites, it is impossible to socialize, as the majority of the people are stuck up, even the poor ones. There is alot of crime here, not good to walk around too long after dark.
I'll be the first to admit I don't like Columbus but your post has to be the dumbest post in the history of the Columbus forum. Hands down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2015, 06:29 AM
 
Location: Mexico City, formerly Columbus, Ohio
12,785 posts, read 12,759,016 times
Reputation: 5443
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
It is just my opinion obviously it was in general and my overall feel of the city residents. Columbus has some rude residents and some friendly ones but overall thats just my opinion.
You just described literally every city on the planet. You really think Nashville is special in comparison? People are the same everywhere, the only difference is the individual attitude. Meaning that the problem wasn't hundreds of thousands of people, many from around the nation and world and who have a large variety of attitudes, viewpoints and cultures, but probably you, who seems to be the classic "grass is greener" type looking to justify their move. Oh, the people were just terrible. Uh huh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top