Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2008, 10:11 AM

7 posts, read 39,205 times

Advertisements

I got an offer from OSU and will move to Columbus in the fall. This forum gave me a lot helpful information. I need your suggestions for schools in Powell and Dublin. I heard that both of them have very good schools, but which one is better for my gifted kid? Another question, how many minutes are needed for travelling from Powell to OSU or Dublin to OSU? THank you very much in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2008, 09:37 PM

226 posts, read 810,428 times
Travelling wise, they are the same. To use freeways, shortest way for both is use I-270 East (North Belt) and hit 315 South, and exit Ackerman or Lane Ave, or Kinear Rd. Maybe some part of Powell (eastern region) that are adjacent right next to 315 would be slightly faster.

Regarding schools, if you are picky, the best would be to meet individual teachers/students at each school buildings to find out if it is best for your gifted child.

Old 01-18-2008, 09:38 PM

226 posts, read 810,428 times
some update. Kinear Road --> Kinnear Road

Commute time is about 20 minutes from Powell in morning, and I think it would be the same for Dublin.

Old 01-20-2008, 08:33 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,214,577 times
I would think it best to contact the schools, too difficult to make that type of contrast and detemination from a posting board.

Old 02-10-2008, 01:10 PM

20 posts, read 74,717 times
figure the 20 minute drive time ONCE you're on the highway system, especially during rush hour times. Getting to the highway will vary widely time-wise, depending on which part of Dublin or Powell you're living in- each area covers a good portion of geography. Both school systems are very good.... Dublin does have a strong Montessori school as an option.

Old 10-09-2012, 08:34 AM

13 posts, read 23,708 times
thanks i did not know that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sondra Johnson View Post
figure the 20 minute drive time ONCE you're on the highway system, especially during rush hour times. Getting to the highway will vary widely time-wise, depending on which part of Dublin or Powell you're living in- each area covers a good portion of geography. Both school systems are very good.... Dublin does have a strong Montessori school as an option.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:13 AM

259 posts, read 428,532 times
If drive-time is a major concern, you should be aware that a major highway construction project is going to begin at the 23/270 interchange next summer ( Leaders 'elated' to see project move up | ThisWeek Community News ). Getting to OSU down 315 (which is very close to 23) from Powell or Dublin may be a total nightmare for quite a while.

I know you are most interested in Dublin and Powell, but we have been extremely happy with Worthington schools for our gifted daughter. We are also very excited about the options she will have for alternative school options (phoenix middle school & Linworth alternative HS) if she chooses when she gets older. Parts of Worthington are inside 270, so hopefully we will be able to avoid the traffic nightmare to the north.

It is about a 15-20 minute drive to OSU from Old Worthington, It is much closer to 30 minutes from OSU to Powell or Dublin without traffic. Maybe more like 40 minutes at rush hour. You may also want to check out the very good schools in Upper Arlington or Grandview which are very close to OSU.

Old 10-12-2012, 01:46 PM

216 posts, read 627,882 times
what is an alternative school? thanks

Old 10-12-2012, 08:36 PM

225 posts, read 462,346 times
Honestly if your child is gifted they will excel in any district. Even Columbus Public has wonderful options for gifted students especially at Columbus Alternative High School. With that being said I think Upper Arlington, Grandview Heights, or Worthington would be your best options when considering the commute to Ohio State. My wife works at Ohio State and we live in Grandview she has no problem getting to and from work in 10-12 minutes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus