U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2015, 07:16 PM

16 posts, read 9,812 times

Advertisements

Hello,

We may have to move from Bloomington, Illinois to Dublin, Ohio.

My daughter has multiple disabilities and as part of her early intervention was getting Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Vision Therapy, Speech Therapy, Feeding Therapy, Developmental Therapy. When she transitioned to the early childhood program, she continued to get all the therapies that she was getting as part of her EI.

I'm very happy with her current school. She's got a great teacher! Also, there are just 9 kids in her class and there are 4 people (1 teacher, 3 assistants) to take care of these kids. So the ratio is almost 1:2.

I just checked with the Dublin school district earlier today and was told that in Dublin, each class consisted of 16 kids of which 8 are typically developing peers and the remaining are those seeking special education. These classes would consist of 1 teacher and 2 para professionals.

Can anyone here please provide information on how this program at Dublin preschools is helping their own children? I'm concerned with (1) the ratio of teacher to kids (2) the fact that typically developing peers who run around will be in the same classroom as my daughter who has mobility issues and reflex issues (3) the fact that the teaching methodology or therapies may not be fully suited or fitted to the needs that my daughter has.

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2015, 06:24 AM

1 posts, read 974 times
This is very good to know. Thank you, I had no idea about that. I will defiantly look into that.

Old 05-19-2015, 12:02 PM

16 posts, read 9,812 times
Please help!

Have to move pretty soon, already checked out a few places in Dublin, but now contemplating between Hilliard and Dublin school district.

Dublin schools are filling up pretty fast!

Old 06-21-2015, 06:41 PM

1 posts, read 772 times
I live between Dublin/Worthington/Powell. Half my neighborhood is Dublin schools and the other half is Worthington schools (where my kids go) Dublin is the best school district according to tons of reports and so is Olentangy but my kids go to a Worthington elementary and they are in the top also. My daughter was a typical peer in her pre K class which had about 50/50 typical kids mixed with kids with different disabilities and it seemed to work well. She felt proud to help other kids and there was always a teacher along with another assistant in the class at all times. She only had 10-12 students in her class. You may want to look at Sutter Park preschool in the worthington school district. We live in a nice, safe and quiet neighborhood and the houses are drastically cheaper than Dublin but it depends on what you're looking for.

Old 06-21-2015, 10:08 PM

61 posts, read 57,158 times
You can't go wrong really with anywhere in the Northern Outerbelt other than Westerville, it just depends on location. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or