U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2015, 03:49 AM

167 posts, read 484,808 times

Advertisements

I currently live in L.A. and temporarily lived in Columbus last year for about 3 months to care for an aging parent who is in a nursing home facility (in NW Columbus off Bethel Rd).

Since then I return once a month (holidays, long weekends, etc.) but sadly the benefits only last as long as I'm there quickly falling apart as soon I leave.

My plan right now is to maintain my residence in L.A. (wishful thinking) so, at the moment, I am only looking for a modest, un-furnished studio apartment in Columbus...safe, clean, accessible.

Last year I found a corporate style apartment (fully furnished) but the rent was over $1000/month which was fine for a few months but now that I'll be residing there longer (and this time unemployed as I will be resigning from my job in L.A.) I need a more affordable solution.

I will also be looking for full time work as soon as I arrive so proximity to downtown is desirable.

I don't want this post to run too long so I will stop here.

I hope someone can offer suggestions on rentals (ideally, someplace I can rent from L.A. while I'm still employed!)

I am looking to make this move within the next 30 to 45 days as the sooner I get there the better for my Mom's sake.

Thanks in advance for any insight/suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2015, 04:03 AM

167 posts, read 484,808 times
Btw, please note, I fully anticipate my move to Columbus to be permanent however at this point packing up an entire residence moving across country is not feasible. I will have time for that later once I am settled (and employed). Sooner rather than later is my hope. I just wanted to clarify the point that this is not a temporary move as much as it is a move that I need to do in phases given the circumstances.

Old 05-18-2015, 12:47 PM

72 posts, read 70,844 times
I have a good suggestion for an affordable(but nice) studio. It's an older renovated building on the corner of E Town Street and Lester Drive. I think that building is all studios and 1 bedrooms. Studios are 500-550 or so a month. The area is good as well. This place does background and rental history checks, so you wouldn't have a problem with people there.

Old 05-18-2015, 12:48 PM

72 posts, read 70,844 times
Also, this place is downtown, very close to everything and quick freeway access.

Old 05-18-2015, 07:05 PM

11,806 posts, read 9,746,333 times
If that doesn't work out, you could also look at sublets or room rentals until you're over here for good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or