Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 10:44 AM

4 posts, read 7,463 times

Advertisements

Thank you! :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2015, 08:24 PM

12 posts, read 17,453 times
I think Clintonville and Worthington would be a good fit to you! Good luck on your move.

Old 06-10-2015, 09:51 PM

72 posts, read 107,041 times
Weinland Park is crawling with bums and thugs, although it is close to a nice area. Bexley has some very nice places to live, the place has so much charm, but Bexley is surrounded by ghetto. If you want to live in a good, affordable suburb try Hilliard.

Old 06-10-2015, 10:10 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,063,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by themadpoet1 View Post
Weinland Park is crawling with bums and thugs, although it is close to a nice area. Bexley has some very nice places to live, the place has so much charm, but Bexley is surrounded by ghetto. If you want to live in a good, affordable suburb try Hilliard.
Weinland Park has some issues, but it is an improving area and is a great investment neighborhood.

There are good and bad areas around Bexley.

Old 06-21-2015, 07:41 AM

8 posts, read 8,556 times
That was an odd comment about seniors. Who would say an entire city doesn't have much to offer seniors, as if no one that ages should consider Columbus. So odd!! Anyhoo... to correct that information, though you be well under senior age, there are A LOT of activities for seniors. I'm not one yet, but I'm very active outdoors and have noticed many senior programs. As for middle age... you'll love the area. If you can't find reasonable rentals in the areas others have suggested, try the Polaris area. It is NOT a walkable area, but it is a high density (nice) rental area for the temporary, until you decide on location and jobs. It's very close to Old Worthington, which is hard not to love. It keeps you out of most of the hairy-ness of the 270/71 traffic. It doesn't give you the city experience, but it is an option, since I really don't see getting a nice place on that budget in some of the areas mentioned. We had a tough time (with only 30 days notice moving from NE Ohio) finding a suitable place. Pics online look great, then the neighborhood or actual rentals were yucky in person. Victorian Village seems very cool, but visit during night too, as a friend complained of night time partying noise. German Village would be heavenly, but I can't see how anyone can mention it with the budget you stated. It is expensive. Not sure of pricing, but Clintonville would be a great choice for the location, shops, the Park of Roses, a nice library and a short drive to Short North to the south or Worthington to the north. I've also been enamored with Grandview, with its little street of shops, but again, I'm clueless on affordability. I still need to explore many parts around columbus and an no expert at all, but I am partial to the northern side. You are close enough to drive anywhere, but out of the cluster-feeling of inner 270.

Old 07-13-2015, 11:00 PM

3 posts, read 3,803 times
I second the Clintonville (and Beechwold) area.

Old 07-14-2015, 08:54 AM

1,046 posts, read 1,536,054 times
Suggest that you benchmark all the locations you visit against this place here:

https://lifestylecommunities.com/com...g/details.html

This location is the mecca of middle aged Cbus transplants.

Also visit downtown Gahanna, grab a bite at the Old bag of nails pub and sit outdoors on the deck.

I did extensive research when I moved to Columbus on where to rent and while this location is more expensive, it was worth it. While it's not as walkable as other locations, its just a 5 minute drive to down town Gahanna or Easton mall and there is a great park right around the corner, Blendon woods. I just couldn't pass up the convenience of this location.

Old 07-15-2015, 08:08 PM

1,108 posts, read 1,146,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otters21 View Post
I would also consider Merion/Hungarian Village which is just south of German Village. The former is up and coming , walkable and much less expensive than the latter.
No!

Old 07-15-2015, 08:16 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Bexley is very pretty. There is a small university there (Capital U) and it is very walkable. When we visited, I did not notice that it was surrounded by a Ghetto.

BYW, I agree with the OP - Senior Citizens are 80 or better. My youngest child will go off to college in the Fall, so I have a quasi empty nest. However, I am middle aged.

Old 07-16-2015, 08:31 PM

688 posts, read 1,117,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmodder View Post
Suggest that you benchmark all the locations you visit against this place here:

https://lifestylecommunities.com/com...g/details.html

This location is the mecca of middle aged Cbus transplants.

Also visit downtown Gahanna, grab a bite at the Old bag of nails pub and sit outdoors on the deck.

I did extensive research when I moved to Columbus on where to rent and while this location is more expensive, it was worth it. While it's not as walkable as other locations, its just a 5 minute drive to down town Gahanna or Easton mall and there is a great park right around the corner, Blendon woods. I just couldn't pass up the convenience of this location.
Not knocking the LC Preserve, but I don't understand how they call that Gahanna. I don't think it's even Gahanna schools. Most likely New Albany or Columbus.

In addition to this development, there are a ton of options a little north of there on Thompson Rd.

But, since you mentioned Old Gahanna - I remember seeing these were offering rentals some time back: http://residences-creekside.com/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus