U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2008, 09:01 PM

37 posts, read 146,315 times

Advertisements

I looked up the town of blacklick on here and I cant find any data they do how ever have info on blacklick estates Are these 2 the same ? I found a house we like in blacklick with licking heights schools but I cant find any info on the town- size,median income demagraphics etc... can anyone tell me are they 1 in the same. Also any info on blacklick would be great Iam looking for a small town feel. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2008, 10:05 AM

5 posts, read 36,362 times
I live in Blacklick, not Blacklick Estates. It is 2 different places, about 8miles apart from each other. Licking Heights SD is Blacklick, not estates.

Hrm, how to explain Blacklick town .... well, there really is no town to speak of, it used to have a post office, but that closed down about 1-2yrs ago. The town does not have a store/traffic light/gas station ... It does have about 5-8 businesses, not sure exactly what they do, one is a wood-deck-construction, maybe... Anyhow, it's kind of a quiet place just N. of Reynoldsburg and S. of Gahanna. It's sandwiched in between 2 Columbus suburbs, but not really over-crowded feeling.

Blacklick is kinda of cool in that you get the City of Columbus Trash, Police, and Fire, but pay Licking county taxes (this depends on your actual address, I think). It is a not-fast-not-slow building area right now, with new businesses coming in (lowes just opened about 2-3 miles from Blacklick).

Our kids are in LHSD and they (and we) like it. All the buildings/equipment/etc is brand-new and up-to-date.

When we moved in about 7yrs ago, we only had 1 child. Now we have 3 and need to get out of our house. It's been a great house, we've done lots of upgrades/additions, but we've certainly outgrown the place. There's a nice little county-kept kids park right across the street within the neighborhood.

-Noggin

Old 02-06-2008, 04:38 PM

12 posts, read 38,063 times
Default Central Ohio Map & Blacklick information

As a realtor who is pretty active in the market, I would suggest you consider how long you plan to live in the home and really review the comparable sales to make sure you don't pay too much. Also comparable sales will show you how long homes are on the market there as well as look at what people paid for their home and reselling for now.

Part of Blacklick is Licking Heights Schools and part of it is Gahanna Schools. The part that is Gahanna Schools tends to have better resale value, but of course it costs more too. Blacklick with Licking Heights Schools is an area that has more than it's fair share of bank properties and foreclosures and selling a home can be quite a challenge. I know people who have lived there for 5 years and can't get what they paid for their home now. I know the market is depressed right now, but my point is it's worse in some areas than others here in Central Ohio and Blacklick is one that is.

The upside, you can get quite a lot of home for the money compared to other Central Ohio suburbs. So it really depends on what is most important to you in an area. I know a lot about Central Ohio suburbs, so feel free to contact me for more specifics. You can also visit: Central Ohio Community guide, real estate listings, maps & more! (http://www.columbuscastles.com/communities_maps.html - broken link) to see more detailed information about Central Ohio communities - including Blacklick. Let me know if I can help further.

OH also - Blacklick Estates is actually not a town but an older development in the Groveport School District. It's much more affordable than Blacklick is, but Groveport Schools are one of the lower rated school districts in Central Ohio. So it depends on how important schools are to you. Hope that helps. Petra

Old 03-17-2008, 01:07 PM

4 posts, read 18,514 times
Default Helo needed

I have accepted a job in Zanesville, OHIO and thinking about living in Reynoldsburg. But getting lot of mixed evaluation. I have a 10 year old kid with special needs so looking for a school district who has good special education resources and special ed trained teachers. Also, I need to live in a place which is not too far dirving distance from Zanesville (anthing around 45-50 mins is okay). Please provide some info about which place is better for us to live, Reynoldsburg, Gahana, Newark or Pickerington considering my situation mentioned above. Thanks.

Old 03-28-2008, 02:20 PM

56 posts, read 162,617 times
blacklick does have a NEW post office, behind Krogers.
I lived in Blacklick Ridge. Stay on west side of development or call school district with the address of the home you choose.

we were renting while our home sold and the owner was in foreclosure. bad experience-but could be a great deal and we liked the area and loved the school-blacklick elementary.

Old 03-28-2008, 03:39 PM

138 posts, read 689,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duskin_powerweb View Post
I have accepted a job in Zanesville, OHIO and thinking about living in Reynoldsburg. But getting lot of mixed evaluation. I have a 10 year old kid with special needs so looking for a school district who has good special education resources and special ed trained teachers. Also, I need to live in a place which is not too far dirving distance from Zanesville (anthing around 45-50 mins is okay). Please provide some info about which place is better for us to live, Reynoldsburg, Gahana, Newark or Pickerington considering my situation mentioned above. Thanks.
I grew up in Reynoldsburg & was just back visiting over Easter. It's kind of a hike to Zanesville, but would probably fall within the 45-50 minute range.

I wish I knew more about the special needs aspect that you are needing.

As for Reynoldsburg, there are some nice neighborhoods along Taylor Rd .... not sure if they are in Franklin or Licking Cty ... I'm thinking that they are in Licking Cty which would mean lower taxes.

Pickerington is nice but it is very busy with traffic along 256. If I were you, I'd try to avoid 256 as much as possible.

Newark, IMO, is not very desireable. Although it is much closer to Zanesville than R or P.

Gahanna is just too far to commute to Zanesville, IMO. Otherwise, I'd probable recommend Gahanna because the location is great IF you want something convenient to Cbus & the airport.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus