Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 11:17 AM

2 posts, read 5,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rozzyd View Post
I will be visiting Washinton D.C. in late September. I am looking for 30 and over clubs for Afro Americans either in Washington D.C. or near Washington D. C. area. I hear that Washington is up and coming like ATL.

This club has about 7 different dance rooms. Different styles of music for the R&B enthusiast. Ages range from about 30 - 40 y.o. Make sure you take a taxi to and back from your hotel (Do not walk). Do not drive intoxicated (it is heavily monitored by law enforcement).
The area is safe. The police station is only 4 doors down on the water.

Outside veranda has view of the Potomac River and lights.

Dress code strictly enforced. Must be Dress slacks/polo shirt or similar nice dress casual. No tennis shoes, no hats, no hoodies. For women no spaghetti stap shirts. Must be nice dress. However this isn't a formal wear club.

Call club for details on dress:
800 Water Street SW Washington DC DC (Waterfront)

Hope this helps.

Last edited by elleissa; 09-11-2009 at 11:19 AM.. Reason: removed url and also uneeded characters
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2009, 11:30 AM

2 posts, read 5,511 times
Default huh???

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRONSHIRT View Post
Just watch your back in Zanzibar, frequent stabbings fights and the DC club scene is rife with people slipping Ruffes into your drink and robbing you.

I lived in DC and frequented clubs for 5 years. Nothing ever happend to me and my girls at any club. And we partied every weekend. So I wouldn't put much weight in "the DC club scene is rife with people slipping Ruffes into your drink and robbing you" comment. Of course as any good rule would imply, keep your drink near you and never accept drinks from strangers, right?!
I wouldn't recommend walking around at night in DC by yourself or really on any occassion (unless you are at a venue that is toured). Hence that's why you will want to take a taxi to and from club.
But watch out for taxis sticking it to you in price. They will. In other words overinflate the price of the ride.
We always asked how much the ride would be to our location. Taxis normally sit outside the club waiting for patrons.
Usually 7 miles was about $20.
What we said is,"all we have is $20 that is if they tried to overquote. We always got a ride home for that $20 b/c they know you'll find a taxi who will take you back to your hotel for $20.

Hope this helps.

Old 09-12-2009, 03:44 PM

200 posts, read 278,766 times
There are a couple options but Patio 5 in the Brewery District is cool... The Lobby used to be the spot but now it's kinda young. You have The Second Wind off of Refugee that has a strict 30 and over policy, and the Diva Den on Mount Vernon is a nice spot too... I think you need a membership though

Old 10-24-2009, 04:22 PM

66 posts, read 114,679 times
I would look at Vonn Jazz Club, After 5, Icon (for a younger upscale crowd), and Onyx if you're in to hip hop.

Old 10-25-2009, 12:27 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,180,561 times
I am confused.............is this about D.C. or Columbus clubs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus