Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2016, 06:25 AM

5 posts, read 5,708 times

Advertisements

Hello! My husband and I are very likely moving to Columbus from Louisiana, and we really don't know anything about the area other than the research I've done on this forum. I was wondering if anybody could provide some direction as to the best area in and around Columbus that would fit us best.

He would be working at Ohio Health's corporate office downtown. We don't have kids yet, and would like to rent a townhome or actual home for ideally less than $1200/mo (2 bedroom, 1-2 bath or greater). We are fairly vanilla people, but we do like art/culture and accessibility to restaurants/stores. We have 2 shelties (small dogs). We also LOVE nature and the outdoors (particularly fishing, running, biking). Looking for a place with lower crime rate, and we don't want to live in a apt complex geared more towards college students. School zones at this point don't really matter as we won't have kids attending school for at least 6 years!

Obviously, I don't expect we'll be able to achieve all of these desires but if there's something out there that mostly fits the bill, we'd be happy. Again, mainly at this point wondering if it would be better to actually live downtown, or somewhere outside of town (Dublin? Westerville?)

I appreciate any direction you can provide! Thanks in advance!

-Nicole
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2016, 07:34 AM

19 posts, read 24,368 times
Check out German Village. Very cool historic district close to downtown that has a decent variety of bars and restaurants. Grandview might be a good option for you as well.

Old 02-21-2016, 08:27 AM

2,107 posts, read 5,085,472 times
German Village, Victorian Village (maybe, but to avoid getting to close to campus, I'd look 5th Ave on south), Italian Village, Grandview/Grandview Heights and possibly even downtown itself. I'd focus on those five first and see what rentals you can find there for your budget. It may give you an idea to start with and launch from there.

I do think German Village would be my first focal point followed by Grandview, as sdbuck1 has mentioned.

Unless you, the OP, was working out in a far flung town (i.e. Granville/Newark, Marysville or Delaware), I'd stick with the more central neighborhoods of Columbus, versus the outer suburbs.

Old 02-23-2016, 01:29 PM

35 posts, read 83,732 times
Also Clintonville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus