Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 11:29 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,048,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
How do you determine which census tracts are in which neighborhood? Interesting.
If you know the boundaries of the neighborhoods, you can just look up the tracks on census maps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2016, 12:13 PM

23 posts, read 25,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
I don't think Ohio City and Short North are all that similar. Ohio City is a very large neighborhood, after all. We are not talking just W. 25 for a few blocks. Short North is more comparable to the Warehouse District. Ohio City is much more of a "neighborhood" feeling place, whereas Short North is basically downtown. Ohio City has 5 or 6 breweries now. I guess they just feel very different to me.
Aesthetically I agree, but N High street functions as the commercial section of Italian and Victorian Village respectably. Currently, yes it feels like an extension of downtown, but W 25 could possibly look the same way in upcoming years. Warehouse District is part of downtown, much like the Arena District. It's hard to give an apples to apples comparison since they are completely different cities, but when I think residential neighborhood turned into nightlife hotspot, I think short north and I think Ohio City on a much smaller scale.

Old 10-21-2016, 03:04 PM

90 posts, read 110,780 times
The Short North is comprised of the entire area between the railroad tracks to the east and the Olentangy River to the west from Downtown up to Ohio State.

High St is the main commercial strip which runs it's entire length.

Sub-neighborhoods of the Short North include Victorian Village, Italian Village, Harrison West, Dennison Place, The Circles, and Weinland Park.

High St is notably marked with arches along its length through the Short North with markers on top at each end.

The sub-neighborhoods are all identified with standardized arch-style signs saying "Short North - Welcome to Historic _____" at the entrance to each.

See below for examples,

Old 01-19-2017, 02:20 PM

112 posts, read 166,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarewellLA View Post
I'm glad I discovered this thread as I'm planning a move to Columbus and am hoping to settle someplace more urban than suburban. The lists you've given are giving me several areas to explore. Of those listed, what is your favorite for a 50+ super active single female? Just curious... (I'm interested in buying a small condo or loft, my budget is up to around $200k or so).
I don't think you'd get much for $200K in German Village.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus