Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 04:40 PM

1,228 posts, read 3,718,572 times

Advertisements

It's funny because I only spent a night in Columbus and really loved it too. People are quite friendly, the only thing I didn't like was the lack of hills... I was in Kentucky the day before and it's amazing the difference that 2 hours makes!

Long story short I loved Columbus so much that I decided to shift my focus of applying for jobs from Pittsburgh to Columbus and Cincinnati. I have a 3rd interview Wednesday, so I've got my fingers very crossed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2010, 10:42 AM

133 posts, read 589,706 times
I'm so happy to hear nice things being said about Columbus! I'm tired of hearing people whine about "lack of culture...too many OSU fans...sprawling suburbs...and cookie cutter neighborhoods". It makes me smile to know that there are people out there who appreciate their home here

Old 08-01-2010, 01:35 PM

2,785 posts, read 6,630,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBound47 View Post
It's funny because I only spent a night in Columbus and really loved it too. People are quite friendly, the only thing I didn't like was the lack of hills... I was in Kentucky the day before and it's amazing the difference that 2 hours makes!

Long story short I loved Columbus so much that I decided to shift my focus of applying for jobs from Pittsburgh to Columbus and Cincinnati. I have a 3rd interview Wednesday, so I've got my fingers very crossed!
Hey! Great choice. Cincinnati and Columbus both have diverse economies, great people, and awesome cultural ammenities. Best of luck with the interview , and keep us posted on how it goes...

Old 08-18-2010, 12:24 PM

922 posts, read 806,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavercreek33 View Post
How is Shanghai treating you?

not bad...can't complain, very inexpensive and safe. foreigners are not too welcome though.........

Old 08-19-2010, 08:14 PM

2,785 posts, read 6,630,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissrock View Post
not bad...can't complain, very inexpensive and safe. foreigners are not too welcome though.........
It's cheap?! That's a suprise. I figured being the "Chicago of China" or "New York" (I see more of Hong Kong as New York), but I thought it would be more expensive.

Old 08-27-2010, 10:55 AM

65 posts, read 181,227 times
I lived in Columbus one summer and loved it! I was so surprised at what all the city had to offer. There was so much to do and I most certainly couldn't do it all. That was back in the summer of 2005 and I would move there in a heart beat if I get a job offer around the area. I'm open to relocating anywhere, but Columbus is at the top of my list.

Old 08-29-2010, 09:16 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,213,099 times
We lived in metro Columbus for a total of 14 years, and absolutely loved the place.

It is a great place to raise kids. Lot of activities for them to participate, and the fantastic community centers offer a lot of variety.

Libraries are first class, in addition to the fantastic community centers.

The area is relatively clean as compared to other metro areas I have seen, and folks take a lot of pride in their homes. Even apartment buildings are generally well taken care of too.

You can live a very comfortable and safe lifestyle, even with a relatively modest income.

Just a great place to live, we miss it.

Old 08-31-2010, 10:24 AM

1 posts, read 1,576 times
Born and raised here. Columbus is the GREATEST little city in the world.

It's great for raising kids, great weather, a good balance between commerce & government, best damn band in the land, and without mentioning THE Ohio State Buckeyes

Old 09-04-2010, 10:37 PM

16 posts, read 26,485 times
I have lived it many cities both in the US and internationally and Columbus is my least favorite. BUT, there are a few good things. Neighbors are nice. (not the people driving next to you on I-70 or I-71.) The Book Loft is awesome! German Village is OK. The children's hospital is one of the best in the world. COSI and the zoo are excellent and especially if you have young children, but I enjoy them too. You are an easy drive to Cedar Point and Kings Island. And...hmmmmm......cant' think of anything else, so "if you can't say nothin' nice..............

Old 09-04-2010, 10:38 PM

16 posts, read 26,485 times
Oh wait, OSU. They are pretty awesome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus