Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2017, 09:18 PM

1 posts, read 1,566 times

Advertisements

I'm relocating to Columbus area. What are some good apartments/townhomes in the area near Dublin? I'm looking for a largish(45-50 lbs) dog friendly rental in a safe area 2 bedroom under $1300/month not too far a commute from Dublin/Plain City.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2017, 07:23 PM

2,107 posts, read 5,054,501 times
Bridge Street area of Dublin would be nice and new. But I don't think you would find a 2/bedroom for under $1300/month.

However, there are other complexes in Dublin and NW Columbus that may offer what you need at a better price. They will likely be older (early '00s to somewhere in the '70s, '80s or '90s). Bethel Road has a number of apartments along its stretch between Hayden Run and OH-315. Lots of older individual owner townhomes there too to possibly consider. Try and stay north of Upper Arlington (mostly south of Henderson Road) because you will pay a pretty premium for the schools alone. If schools are not a factor, I would look along Henderson Road and north, which is Columbus Centennial HS. While Columbus Schools, it is the better of the district's traditional high schools. Take side streets towards Tuttle of Dublin-Granville Road (OH-161) to head towards Plain City. Avoid the Sawmill exit ramps due to congestion on and off I-270.

Sawmill Road corridor may also offer options. Again, smattering of homes, apartments and townhomes skewing older. I would stay south of I-270 due to traffic getting anywhere near the Sawmill exit ramps. North of the exit there is a large number of strip malls, older apartments (as well as some newer ones) and lots of lights. The resulting traffic also chokes down Sawmill to I-270 due to the positioning between the Scioto and Olentangy Rivers limiting east-west cross routes. Most people trudge south the I-270 to get towards Dublin or OSU/Columbus. You could take OH-161 (Dublin-Granville Road) west to US-33 out towards Plain City. Lots of options here and if schools are a factor, it is zoned (mostly) Dublin City School's Dublin Scioto HS. Plenty of options, including individually owned places which may have fewer restrictions on pets than some complexes. Harder to find off-line, but cheaper too.

Finally, further west on Hayden Run Road towards and south of the Tuttle Crossing Mall, you will find apartments galore. Most new ones are in Columbus schools, so the newness of the complex itself is what you are paying for as opposed to the quality of the school district. Lots of these complexes are 10-15 years old to brand new. I would take roads to Tuttle Crossing Blvd. exit. Then proceed north to OH-33 west towards Plain City.

A note on Delaware County:

Delaware County (well north of Sawmill and I-270, though Sawmill runs well north of the county line now as well!), has grown exponentially it seems over the last 10-20 years. You may find some options up that way, but most will be in Lewis Center vs. the incorporated area of Powell and its immediate surroundings. Due to the Olentangy River separating these two areas, they have two distinct feelings (though both share Olentangy Schools). Lewis Center has heavy commercial elements as well as new McMansion plats and denser developments, including townhomes and apartments. Polaris Mall is surrounded by Lewis Center and might as well be Lewis Center if the area hadn't been annexed by Columbus decades ago. Powell is large executive and estate homes until you hit the Sawmill corridor. After passing the retail linings there, its back to the executive and estate homes of Powell and surroundings. Don't let the options here fool you. There are better locations from a commuting perspective. The northern beltway from I-71 to US-33 (in Dublin) can become chocked. Just save yourself time and find someplace closer. If you don't like Franklin County, there are plenty of places now popping up in Union County (Plain City / Marysville). Maybe not as many apartments, but that will likely and slowly change over time.

That should give you plenty of options there. Happy hunting!

Old 06-09-2017, 06:18 AM

26 posts, read 27,910 times
Actually, I'm going to disagree with the previous poster who said to avoid Sawmill north of 270. There are some decent apartment complexes along Hard Rd., which is admittedly a miserable road, but you could take Hard W to Emerald Pkwy to Shier Rings to Avery and jump on 161 there to get to Plain City. That wouldn't be terrible.

Old 06-10-2017, 07:24 AM

121 posts, read 227,217 times
Check out apartments Asherton of Dublin (Hopeless and bad) / Gordern Farms / Perimeter Lakes ..... They are the nearest for your criteria.. But you are getting into one of the most expensive area of columbus suburbs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus