Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2022, 03:45 PM

14,635 posts, read 14,494,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
it is an ironclad law of city-data that any discussion about how urban/important/unique/livable columbus is will turn into a discussion about cleveland's symphony orchestra and theater district. Lol
lol! I do kinda miss the Cincinnati posters who would throw in about their street car and row housing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2022, 09:23 PM

57 posts, read 116,475 times
Quote:
It is an ironclad law of City-Data that any discussion about how urban/important/unique/livable Columbus is will turn into a discussion about Cleveland's symphony orchestra and theater district. LOL
It’s extremely annoying lol

Old 08-17-2022, 10:25 PM

16,345 posts, read 17,934,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProf View Post
It's not perception... I know for a fact, personally, more than one -- in fact many -- people who have relocated to greater Cleveland for its strong cultural institutions and activities.
You're literally talking about perception based on narrow personal experience. This is not how things work.

Old 08-17-2022, 10:27 PM

16,345 posts, read 17,934,871 times
Quote:
It is an ironclad law of City-Data that any discussion about how urban/important/unique/livable Columbus is will turn into a discussion about Cleveland's symphony orchestra and theater district. LOL
Right?! I bring up Census data and every Cleveland homer dismisses it because a guy said he liked Cleveland's culture one time. FFS...

I didn't even "disparage" anything about Cleveland. I only said that cultural amenities don't attract large numbers of people because they literally do not.

Old 08-22-2022, 07:01 PM

212 posts, read 222,903 times
I thought I’d share this for those like me that do travel or move somewhere with culture in mind

It’s an art gallery and I don’t know much about it but Hey now I know of at least something interesting going on in Columbus

https://www.instagram.com/ministryof...tnqPml2q8v1Ysc

Old 08-23-2022, 10:43 AM

1,727 posts, read 1,966,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technician5thGrade View Post
Columbus is the better city for sure. Moved to Delaware, OH in 2015 and we don’t regret it for one minute.
I grew up in Delaware (spent most of my childhood life there) and moved out spring of 2013 after attending OSU. I haven't been back since 2015ish but man I'm surprised at how much it's changed. I looked online the other day and was shocked to see how much the area had grown and the number of restaurants and other stores that had populated in the area. I remember when downtown was struggling to keep stores from closing and there were lots of vacancies around 2008. I need to go back at some point.

Old 08-23-2022, 11:08 AM

11,044 posts, read 12,306,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technician5thGrade View Post
Columbus is the better city for sure. Moved to Delaware, OH in 2015 and we don’t regret it for one minute.
ehhh Delaware is 30 miles from Columbus and a lot of people live in Delaware specifically because it is not Columbus (attracts people into a more rural lifestyle).

Old 12-29-2022, 08:29 AM
on3

492 posts, read 370,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
ehhh Delaware is 30 miles from Columbus and a lot of people live in Delaware specifically because it is not Columbus (attracts people into a more rural lifestyle).
I never understood why people would make the commute from Delaware to Cbus every morning that weren't even into the rural lifestyle and deal with all that traffic and then complain about it all the time. Just move to one of the suburbs closer to Cbus already and pay the extra $10k or so for the home that's closer.....

Old 12-29-2022, 09:40 AM

11,044 posts, read 12,306,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by on3 View Post
I never understood why people would make the commute from Delaware to Cbus every morning that weren't even into the rural lifestyle and deal with all that traffic and then complain about it all the time. Just move to one of the suburbs closer to Cbus already and pay the extra $10k or so for the home that's closer.....
The advantage of Delaware in the area north of Columbus though would be that it does have a nice downtown/center area that is walkable and has character.

Old 12-30-2022, 07:05 AM

488 posts, read 855,823 times
I know a couple people that are originally from Northwest Ohio that live near Delaware because it's easier to get back to Findlay and Toledo to see family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus