Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 09:28 PM

80 posts, read 374,778 times

Advertisements

Schools are more of a priority for us than having the house located on a golf course, but in all honesty, we would love to live on a golf course. Of course he could always drive to play golf, but it's always been his dream to actually live on a course. I think UA is leading for us too, with both Powell and Dublin second.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2008, 02:29 PM

897 posts, read 2,817,359 times
Reading your posts, have you considered New Albany? They appear to have state-of-the-art, top notch schools (very high taxes though) and the vast majority of homes seems to be located on or near the golf course, which makes up a large portion of town.

DH played golf there recently with a co-worker that lives there, and said that the course & club are quite nice (disclaimer - DH is not a avid golfer). He did get the impression that the membership was quite pricey, though not impossible if you live in the country club.

Old 06-11-2008, 02:42 PM

719 posts, read 2,609,319 times
I lived in UA as a little kid in the 60's. At a family reunion a few years back we went to revisit the old neighborhood. I was amazed at how it hasn't changed that much, and how well maintained it still is. Even that old public swimming pool is still there! And yes, there is a good mix of sizes of homes. That area of big old manor homes is breathtaking, gotta admit. For McMansions and exurbia style living, check out Reynoldsburg and the like.

Old 06-12-2008, 08:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,632 times
Default Dublin/Powell

Hi - We have lived in the Dublin area most of our lives. It is a really nice area with alot of golf courses. The Dublin Schools are outstanding. They actually within the top 200 in the country. I know of a house that is on the river that is two miles to the Muirfield Golf course that sounds like it is a perfect match. It has been totally renovated is on an acre and has a deep water boat dock. Let me know if you are interested and I will see if I can get you some pictures. Columbus is a great place to raise a family regardless of where you end up moving.

Old 07-11-2008, 04:29 PM

8 posts, read 28,353 times
Powell

Old 07-29-2008, 07:51 PM

7 posts, read 60,205 times
Jessica... just wondering what you have found out... since I as well am thinking of moving to either columbus or Idaho... you described the community that i want to a T... so I just wanted to know the outcome- if you even moved. I actually want place to go shopping or stroll thru.. like those new urban village type things- and i only want a $250k house- but the whole kid/school etc. is exactly- let me know if you find it!!! Thanks!
Also, anyone that lives out there that has pictures of some towns- everyday pics of stuff in community- that would be helpful! ??? :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus