Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2008, 10:14 PM

3 posts, read 15,464 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone
Last I drove to Columbus, I found a apt place called "The Chambers" was really low cost, and I am pretty tight on buget. but I don't know if anyone know anything about it, it doesn't even have its own website, and the rental office looks kinda old and ugly. But it's really close to OSU.
the address is 980 King Ave, Columbus, OH 43212
it is located at the west side of OSU, at the corner of Chambers Rd and King Ave, but it is very close to Kenny Rd.

I heard that Kenny Rd is not very safe? Is it True?
Because I found another studio place of Cornetet Properties located at
1709 Kenny Road, Columbus, OH 43212 to be close to campus.
Safety of the neighborhood is very important for me.

A Third place I need opinions is
Heritage Apartments-village green
1456 Presidential Dr, Columbus, OH 43212
Is it located in a safe area? and is Heritage Apartments a nice place to live?

thank you very much
Your advices are sincerely appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2008, 11:41 AM

23 posts, read 149,506 times
I only somewhat know both those apartment complexes but here's my two cents to keep your post active......

The Heritage apartments are supposed to be pretty nice. They're not far from Kenny Rd either, right off Northwest Boulevard in Grandview/ Upper Arlington. It'd probably be a 5-10 min drive to Campus. It's within walking distance to a few shops and Kroger.

I don't know anyone who's ever lived in Chambers Apartments so I can't say anything about how nice they are or aren't, but locationwise they aren't a even a mile (if that) closer to OSU than Heritage. I certainly wouldn't say that Kenny Rd is dangerous, though. It's not very pedestrian friendly and there isn't much to do there.

Either place is definitely somewhere where you'd benefit greatly from having a car.

On a side note, Google recently did Street View for Columbus maps, so do a search for the address and you'll be able to see a 360-view of the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus