Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2008, 07:37 AM

3 posts, read 9,316 times

Advertisements

Hello, we have just sold in CA and are moving home to Ohio. Does anyone have any expertise on the housing market is softening in UA? We have been looking there, as well as Powell, Dublin and New Albany. We see lots of price reductions in the three suburban areas but so far nothing in UA. We haven't seen one owner reduce their price yet. Thanks for any opinions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 09:09 AM

455 posts, read 1,883,979 times
UA is most likely not going to be hurt by the current housing maket. The homes are older, much better built and more desirable than the new builds that are a dime a dozen up in Powell and Dublin.

Old 06-25-2008, 12:31 PM

310 posts, read 1,209,312 times
Default Ua

Upper Arlington has great schools in addition! Here's a link for school information that may be helpful.

GreatSchools.net

Old 06-28-2008, 10:21 AM

240 posts, read 953,377 times
It is true that UA won't be hurt too much. Two reasons are the schools are probably THE best Central Ohio has too offer in terms of public education and it is a much more stable community than high-growth Powell, Dublin and New Albany.

Somewhat of a sweeping generalization on house quality. UA has its share of 60s-style split levels and 50s-style ranches. One reason that sometimes people choose a new-build in Powell over UA is because that older home in UA may need some money put into it. All that being said (and if money were no option), the older homes South of Lane in UA are incredibly amazing and have a character all their own that hasn't been developed yet in Dublin & Powell, being newer suburbs.

Old 06-30-2008, 09:08 AM

755 posts, read 2,492,208 times
I've seen "price adjustments" in UA, but for the most part I think the price changes come with the offers in UA. I've watched some houses sit on the market for months, and others sell quickly. (More are sitting on the market for months, though.) I think that the housing market is UA is being affected, but the homeowners just haven't admitted it yet.

Old 07-09-2008, 06:55 PM

3 posts, read 9,132 times
I live in Powell and love it. It has some very mature beautiful neighborhoods,
Retreat, Sherbourne Mews, Wedgewood along with new build areas.
We looked in UA and the only advantage was proximity to Ohio State and Downtown.
Compare and you will see.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:58 AM

43 posts, read 167,080 times
I live in UA and love it. The housing market here is doing better than most areas in the region. There are problems, but the houses in my area (north of lane, south of zollinger) sell pretty quickly compared to say, hilliard. This area is lower priced than south of Lane Ave. There are just less buyers now for 600k+ houses, but the houses around here are 200-400 for the most part and are doing OK.

The proximity to OSU and downtown is important to people b/c of high gas prices - commuting in from delaware county isn't as appealing to many people as it used to be. Plus, in my neighborhood you can walk to the library, park, grocery stores, restaurants, which is very popular now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus