Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2008, 12:57 PM

20 posts, read 73,507 times

Advertisements

Hello,
My family and I are looking to move to Columbus.
I've been through Columbus a few times on my way to music festivals.
I would like to know where are some good places to live in Columbus.
We are looking at renting first and maybe buying a house but,we are not wanting to move where the neighborhood is bad.
Any help would be awesome.

Where we live now is horrible and there is no work and nothing to do.
I'm just putting my feelers out there to see what are options are.
My wife works in the food service industry but she's wanting to do something differant.
I'm a musician and flooring installer.
There is no work what so ever where I live, for what I do.

Any kind of input would be great.
Thanks all.

TCA,

HM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 06:21 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,124,753 times
A lot of apartments in the north west area, along Henderson Rd, Bethel Rd and Sawmill Rd. Also, some pretty nice apartments in the north east along Hamilton Rd.

Old 07-18-2008, 07:08 AM

23 posts, read 149,232 times
Grandview is my catch-all answer for anyone moving to Columbus (affordable, safe, walkable, lots to do), but what are you looking for? If you're into the arts, stay closer to downtown. If proximity to shopping is your thing, Henderson/Sawmill area would be better.

Old 07-21-2008, 09:48 AM

20 posts, read 73,507 times
Thanks for the replies.
We are checking into Grandveiw,Clintonville,and Grove City.
We are wanting to be close to the arts.
Since my first post I have gotten a couple sites from a freind there.
Of the 3 places I mentioned above,can anyone give me some rundown on each of them?
Thanks in advance

TCA,

HM

Old 07-21-2008, 10:44 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,124,753 times
My summary comment would be that Grandview and Clintonville are older and very nice areas fairly close to downtown, while Grove City is a middle class suburban area. As is usually the case, more family oriented with kid activities in Grove City than they other two areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus