Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 04:53 PM

87 posts, read 180,822 times

Advertisements

it really depends on where you stay at.

Old 09-21-2008, 02:08 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,180,561 times
Gee-whiz...........lay off of the place. What can YOU do to help improve the place. My goodness.

Columbus is a really nice place. I think I can say that considering I went to college in Ohio and I am from a much more visable city. Central Ohio in general is nicer than many places in the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzo View Post
Well Columbus is more affluent, cheaper, cleaner and less crime

It lacks history, character, diversity, soul, good food and culture

At first you like the cleanliness and positive vibe, then you start realizing the depth of the place is about an inch deep.

I work in an office where people have pictures of kittens on their wall, a framed 'creative licence', a 365 daily quotes from the bible calendar and fake flowers.

People think Mexican food is Chiplote and everything is dumbed down. Instead of areas, they have populated the place with one generic strip mall after another. Bed bath and beyond, staples, Wendy's, Lowe's etc. stamped over and over again, like someone felt if one bland strip mall was good, then lets place them everywhere.

Imagine, if you can, a city run by Deloris Umbridge

Last edited by Ron.; 09-21-2008 at 02:34 PM..

Old 09-21-2008, 02:09 PM

What an insulting title for a thread. I hope the MODS shut it down.

Quote:
Been here two months, feels like two lifetimes.
WHy is this place so lame?

Old 09-21-2008, 02:22 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,211,458 times
Agree Ron, altered title.

Old 09-21-2008, 02:33 PM

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Agree Ron, altered title.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:48 AM

1,657 posts, read 4,069,539 times
good gosh, heaven forbid someone speak their mind.
It's not bland, its not boring, it's soul bleaching white, fundie, conservative, plain.

Thank your for sanitizing my title, your censorship instills the spirit of Columbus.

QED

Old 09-24-2008, 10:27 AM

455 posts, read 1,884,237 times
I'll see your Mayberry and raise you a Growing Pains

Old 09-24-2008, 10:57 AM

1,657 posts, read 4,069,539 times
You know, Iv'e thought about it and I object to the Mod changing my words in the middle of a sentance.

I meant "Columbus is so White it hurts" and the change to bland totally changes my message.

Is intollerence of other religions bland?
Is smugness that their way is the right way bland?
I just drove by the state capital and in front of the place were three 50 something, overwight white guys in button down white shirts, thumbs in their belts and striped ties tied to short.
I thought it was a Mr. Haney look alike contest!

Bland is not enough spice in a soup. It's an absence of something.
I never meant to imply and absence of something, quite the opposite.

So mods; please don't change my meaning by editing the words in my sentance. (That isn't even out of context, it's changing it!) If it isn't PC enough for you delete it. But putting words under my name that I did not say or even meant to say, isn't fair.

Last edited by Tenzo; 09-24-2008 at 11:19 AM..

Old 09-24-2008, 04:13 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,919,996 times
Wow, not too many people challenging this...I guess it must be true then. Im surprised, not even Columbus people are disagreeing.

Old 09-24-2008, 10:37 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,211,458 times
Quote:
You know, Iv'e thought about it and I object to the Mod changing my words in the middle of a sentance.

I meant "Columbus is so White it hurts" and the change to bland totally changes my message.

Is intollerence of other religions bland?
Is smugness that their way is the right way bland?
I just drove by the state capital and in front of the place were three 50 something, overwight white guys in button down white shirts, thumbs in their belts and striped ties tied to short.
I thought it was a Mr. Haney look alike contest!

Bland is not enough spice in a soup. It's an absence of something.
I never meant to imply and absence of something, quite the opposite.

So mods; please don't change my meaning by editing the words in my sentance. (That isn't even out of context, it's changing it!) If it isn't PC enough for you delete it. But putting words under my name that I did not say or even meant to say, isn't fair.
Your inital wording was a bit obnoxious, even if you don't think so. Changing the word in the title didn't alter the discussion, but obviously you have some problem with continuing on in a civil discussion about the attributes of Columbus.

I even went out of my way to specifically post that I changed the title. Normally, I would delete the mod discussion points here, but actually I think it provides quite a bit of insight into the original intent of the thread.

So in the best interest of all posters, this thread is now closed.

Last edited by NewToCA; 09-25-2008 at 07:42 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus