U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-23-2007, 11:25 PM

3 posts, read 8,402 times
Default Need some advice

Hi
I am a single young professional planning to relocate from miami, Florida to columbus. I need advice in terms of where I should be looking to live. At this time I would be looking to rent an apartment/condo. I will be working at Children's hospital and would like a fairly reasonable commute. Plus be in a community that is easily accessible to shopping, entertainment etc.

Would appreciate your suggestions

Thanks
powker
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2007, 12:29 AM

97 posts, read 360,547 times
Well Bexley (just to the East) and German Village (to the SW) are the closest commutes to Children's. I don't know your price range but the homes there would tend to be rather pricey and probably not so many young professionals in the area. For more rental properties you might look a little further to the NW, closer to OSU's campus. The Short North, Victorian Village, Italian Village, Grandview, or Clintonville are all areas with affordable rentals, a large population of young people, and a reasonable commute to Children's. Unless you want to live the college lifestyle you will want to stay away from anything between about 11th Ave and Oakland.

Old 02-26-2007, 02:05 PM

1,225 posts, read 2,861,788 times
I second the advice of the above poster, all of those young professional areas are great. Near Bexley Eastmoor or Berwick has more rentals, and it is an areas that surrounds Bexley.

Also, I would add Grandview Heights area just west of Victorian Village has a lot of rentals and young professionals, and is a small commute, without highway if you like, to childrens.

All of the areas mentioned are very close to childrens, Clintonville is the furthest, but still only a few exits from downtown/childrens area.

Old 03-06-2007, 09:19 AM

2 posts, read 8,286 times
I suspect that the commute from any of these areas (Clintonville, Grandview Heights, Upper Arlington, Short North and any of the Villages) will be negligible compared to Miami, FL. I'm partial to C'ville myself, but you might really enjoy the Short North. There is an apartment complex in Clintonville that is on the Olentangy River, and right off the bike path. It is an older complex, but it has some newer sections. If you have been in Miami all of your life, you are in for a considerable climate change!

Old 03-07-2007, 12:47 PM

6 posts, read 14,237 times
Before you make a final choice, Children's has many community branch locations. Are you working at the Children's Hospital Main Campus? Here is a map of all the locations:
http://www.childrenscolumbus.org/gd/....aspx?page=239

Old 03-07-2007, 03:12 PM

3 posts, read 8,402 times
Default Thank you

Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it. I'm in the pocess of searching. Will keep you posted.

Powker
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus