Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 08:11 PM

459 posts, read 804,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitbullparent09 View Post
Ok, so your saying I am the type of loser that has these dogs? Ok, I am sorry but I firmly believe that it is the deed not the breed. As a parent of a child that has been attacked by a dog... Pit bull none the less.
I understand it is not the breed. I personally had a pitbull when the attack happened. The attack was not by My dog, in fact it was by a friends dog who had been removed from an abusive household. Dont hate the type of dog. It is not their fault that they were raised wrong! What people do not understand is most of these "pitbull" attacks are not by PITBULLS!
They are by either Pitbull mix (aka someone didnt want to pay for fullblood and knew someone who was too lazy to keep theirs from improperly breeding!) secondly, most people can not identify a pitbull from other breeds and report the attacks as "pitbull" can you tell which is which?

Which one did you guess #1 or #2?
Guess what neither one!!!
yep thats right! #1 is a stafford shire terrier...#2 is American Bulldog!

The picture below is My pit, she is the Mother of a Pitbull who was taken in by the local SWAT team as an entry dog. The dog that she is lying with killed the neighbors cat! Go figure!

All I have to really say is please consider what you are saying when you say and do! These dogs are not all vicious killers so why ban all of them? In all reality the truth is people are scared. Until they are TRUTHFULLY educated you can not ask them to make an educated decision!

December 28, 2008 a mailman was brutally attacked by a black lab.
December 16, 2008 a child was mauled by a Cocker spaniel
December 12, 2008 a woman was bitten by another person's PUG
Copy and paste this link for more information on dog attacks and incidents in the world.

Punish the Deed, not the Breed!

Out of all the hype from dangerous breeds this one gets me the most.
California was one of the 1st states on the dangerous breed bandwagon, yet I still dont see Pomeranians banned yet!.....
[SIZE=+1]Pomeranian Kills 6-Week-Old Girl[/SIZE] September 21, 2001
LOS ANGELES (AP) - A small Pomeranian dog killed a 6-week-old baby while the infant's caretaker briefly left the child unattended to warm a bottle of milk, authorities said.
The relative, who was caring for the infant girl, found her head buried in the dog's mouth Saturday night, sheriff's Deputy Cruz Solis said. The girl died of head trauma at an area hospital, he said.
The baby's name was withheld because her parents were out of the country and had not been notified, Solis said.
The relative has not been charged. Animal control officers took the dog.
Pomeranians are a breed of miniature canines that have a foxlike face, pointy ears and long, fluffy hair. The deputy said Pomeranian attacks are rare.
``Obviously it doesn't take much to kill a 6-week old baby but it's not something that happens with that breed,'' Solis said.

I always tell the story of my 8 year old cousin who got her face ripped off by a yellow lab on here and not once has anybody responded about that story. they ignore it like the public does because right now the trend is to hate pit bulls and try to get them banned. If it was the 90's people on here would be crying about rottweilers. Pit bulls will be fine they just have to hold on until the next fad of hated dogs comes around, then they will be put on the back burner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2009, 07:14 AM

1,636 posts, read 4,228,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikayla View Post
WE PEOPLE THAT OWN PIT BULL ARE TRASH!!!
EDUCATE YOUR SELF BEFORE YOU WRITE STUPID!

Breed specific dog ordinances violate not only Constitutional rights, they violate civil rights. They are based upon discrimination, that
discrimination is directed at the dog owner through his/her choice of dog.They also violate a person's right to be innocent until proven guilty in a
Court of Law.

The following definition in an old (1980) edition of William Safire’s Political Dictionary, subtitled the New Language of Politics: BIG LIE: a falsehood of such magnitude and audacity that it is bound to have an effect on public opinion even if it is not given credence by a majority; a propaganda technique identified with Adolph Hitler.

Hitler wrote in Mein Kampf: “The size of the lie is a definite factor in causing it to be believed, for the vast masses of a nation are in the depths of their hearts more easily deceived than they are consciously and intentionally bad. The primitive simplicity of their minds renders them a more easy prey to a big lie than a small one, for they themselves often tell little lies but would be ashamed to tell big ones.

Something therefore always remains and sticks from the most impudent lies, a fact which all bodies and individuals concerned with the art of lying in this world know only too well, and hence they stop at nothing to achieve this end.”

What does all of that have to do with bsl? The rationale for this misguided proposal is based on false and misleading figures. Can I provide you with correct figures? No. No one can, but, the proponents of this bill are making false and misleading claims because reporting on euthanasia and shelter surrenders is neither accurate nor complete in this state where there is no standardized or uniform reporting from each shelter in the state. Those of us who have been observing these figures over time see, even with the inaccurate and incomplete data, a steady downward drop in euthanasia and in shelter surrender, regarding pit bulls, even though the human population has risen precipitously over the past three decades. Educate your self before sounding like trash.

DING DING "SOUND OF THE BELL".......................YOUR OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Mirrors don't talk and lucky for you they don't laugh!"

This person likes to take the same post and cut and paste it all over!!!

I have said VERY wrong things but this post, well it speaks for itself

Old 01-27-2009, 03:22 PM

1 posts, read 2,825 times
I live in Ohio and own a pit bull who is half mixed with a Labrador. He is one of the friendliest dogs you could ever meet. yes i admit he has bitten two people in his life. This was only because those people harmed me and provoked him. Even to this day he still loves on the 2 individuals he bit. Like most of you up here have already said its not the dogs themselves its the humans that provoke them or torture them. A few years back i heard on the news that a pit bull had torn a little girls face off. Turns out the little girl had trespassed into the dogs yard in which the owner had trained him to attack. You cant blame an animal for listening to their instinct. Especially Pit Bulls. Their instincts tell them protect their owners and do anything to keep them unharmed. Its just like your husband, brother, father, or anyone close to you in your life would do just about anyhting to protect you.

Old 01-27-2009, 04:20 PM

121 posts, read 543,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskey1012 View Post
I live in Ohio and own a pit bull who is half mixed with a Labrador. He is one of the friendliest dogs you could ever meet. yes i admit he has bitten two people in his life. This was only because those people harmed me and provoked him. Even to this day he still loves on the 2 individuals he bit. Like most of you up here have already said its not the dogs themselves its the humans that provoke them or torture them. A few years back i heard on the news that a pit bull had torn a little girls face off. Turns out the little girl had trespassed into the dogs yard in which the owner had trained him to attack. You cant blame an animal for listening to their instinct. Especially Pit Bulls. Their instincts tell them protect their owners and do anything to keep them unharmed. Its just like your husband, brother, father, or anyone close to you in your life would do just about anyhting to protect you.
You are so right. What will I need to do when I move my pit bulls out there from PA? Do I have to get that $100,000 liability insurance?

Old 01-27-2009, 06:28 PM

1 posts, read 2,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin183 View Post
they should be banned. plenty of other dogs to choose from.
MOD CUT pit bulls make wonderful pet as long as you have the time and patience to train them. you should get to know the beed befor you judge them... trust me you will grow to love them.

Last edited by NewToCA; 01-28-2009 at 07:43 AM.. Reason: rude comments

Old 01-27-2009, 10:06 PM

455 posts, read 1,884,237 times
I love the sudden rush to bring back and maintain this topic by a duo of participants with a collective post count of two. Bravo there Harley_Man...the whiskey hitting you just right tonight?

Old 01-28-2009, 10:08 PM

498 posts, read 1,507,502 times
post count is neither here nor there. actually, i am a little embarrassed at my number of posts. it means that there were that many times i had nothing else better to do than post on a message board.

Old 01-29-2009, 12:56 AM

459 posts, read 804,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerDu View Post
I love the sudden rush to bring back and maintain this topic by a duo of participants with a collective post count of two. Bravo there Harley_Man...the whiskey hitting you just right tonight?

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!! Husker Du.. Actually i'm enjoying my nice warm hawaii weather big guy. It's nice to play golf in the middle of winter and have the weather at 80 degrees. Hows the weather in Ohio?

Old 02-01-2009, 06:12 AM

2 posts, read 4,116 times
i dont want to sound like an a$$ but huskerdu your an idiot i own four pit bulls and no one considers me a looser infact my pit bulls aid me in educational purposes to fight the up hill battle aginst people like you who bash a very loyal breed of dog dont get me wrong im not telling the kids and parents to walk into there neighbors yard and start petting there dog thats just asking to get biten although people are able to walk up to my yard and play with my dogs due to the fact that they are so people friendly infact come to think of it my pit bulls are the worst gard dogs ever they dont even bark at strangers just wag their tails and lick faces and hands but thats just the way that they are in capable hands if you are a good owner you will have a good dog same as if you are an active person you will have an active dog and the breed ban has been active in some states but there starting to realize they do not work and that they infringe the rights of the owners the pit bull ban dosent only ban "pit bulls" it bans pit bull like dogs in other words if it gots a block head and short fur its a pit bull witch is dumb because after pit bulls are gone then itl be rotts shyt who knows your dog might be next but bans dont work and they are being lifted even in other countries so befor you look at the dog and critizize look at the owner if the dog is well behaved its a good owner if the dog is just a beast a monster that is also the owners fault

Old 02-02-2009, 04:00 PM

121 posts, read 543,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_chavo View Post
i dont want to sound like an a$$ but huskerdu your an idiot i own four pit bulls and no one considers me a looser infact my pit bulls aid me in educational purposes to fight the up hill battle aginst people like you who bash a very loyal breed of dog dont get me wrong im not telling the kids and parents to walk into there neighbors yard and start petting there dog thats just asking to get biten although people are able to walk up to my yard and play with my dogs due to the fact that they are so people friendly infact come to think of it my pit bulls are the worst gard dogs ever they dont even bark at strangers just wag their tails and lick faces and hands but thats just the way that they are in capable hands if you are a good owner you will have a good dog same as if you are an active person you will have an active dog and the breed ban has been active in some states but there starting to realize they do not work and that they infringe the rights of the owners the pit bull ban dosent only ban "pit bulls" it bans pit bull like dogs in other words if it gots a block head and short fur its a pit bull witch is dumb because after pit bulls are gone then itl be rotts shyt who knows your dog might be next but bans dont work and they are being lifted even in other countries so befor you look at the dog and critizize look at the owner if the dog is well behaved its a good owner if the dog is just a beast a monster that is also the owners fault
Being someone that has these dogs, how does the liability insurance work? What all is included with it and can it possibly be put into home owners insurance? Is there any way of getting around not having it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus