Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 09:22 PM

161 posts, read 328,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb69 View Post
Dude i'm ok lol

My family and friends live in these areas thats why i'm only in these areas. Once in awhile I get a chance to go to a good neighborhood but most of the time I don't have my camera on me. I mean if you ask for pics of a city i'm going to show you pics of the city. lol Alot of cities in America don't have all the inner-city ghetto that you people talk about anyways.

I only mentioned Dayton because my friend said he saw on tv that it was ranked as the dirtyest city in America even above Deroit. Im just about to look it up and see if I can find anything out.

Also Dayton was ranked 16th most dangerous city in America.

If anyone has pics send them!! lol

Wasn't Lorain ranked in the 100s?
Dayton has nothing on Detroit. Visit Detroit for a change you will see what I am talking about ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 09:26 PM

161 posts, read 328,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelieveInCleve View Post
Camden, East St. Louis, East Cleveland, Highland Park MI, Compton, along with others are all pretty close to being one big hood.
Aren't these suburbs? With the exception of Camden.

Old 07-10-2011, 02:09 PM

466 posts, read 1,061,950 times
I thought that is a picture threat???? I see only very few pictures here..... hmmm. What a pity

Old 07-22-2011, 06:51 AM

111 posts, read 405,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in2ohio View Post
Wow...that is a depressing stream of images! We're considering relocating to the Columbus area...it's so hard to look for housing online as you just don't know what the areas are like from just an internet listing! Right now, we live in Northern Indiana so driving there often is not really feasible for us at the moment. Thanks for the pics though...
A little late on this, but a combo of getting on these forums and looking at the neighborhood on google street view should at least help you narrow it down if you see a listing you like...just sayin. Columbus has great street view compared to other cities...I'm currently in the process of finding housing in a far away city (from Columbus) that has no street view except freeways. I definitely didnt realize how useful a tool it was until I couldn't use it!

Old 07-22-2011, 06:50 PM

283 posts, read 369,778 times
Remember, with a MSA of 1.75 million people, a city will have many wonderful, as well as depressed, areas. Columbus is a beautiful city with a great variety of places to live. For every area that looks run down, one finds many areas that are very nice. The distressed neighborhoods shown in the pictures are not characteristic of what Columbus as a whole looks like.

Old 10-23-2011, 11:37 PM

31 posts, read 78,434 times
my photobucket page..
Pictures by jgarrison9 - Photobucket

Old 03-14-2012, 07:35 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Default Yes it is I

Well, today was absolutely perfect for photos in Columbus. I'll upload German Village tonight and put the rest up tomorrow before I leave for Cincinnati.

Old 03-15-2012, 04:03 AM

Wasn't a planned stop but did get some shots of Children's hospital and Easton Town Center. Might I say I was shocked at how put together Easton TC is. I'm going to suggest on the NoVA forum that a declining mall in Alexandria be turned into a replication of this.

Last edited by The Dissenter; 03-15-2012 at 04:14 AM..

Old 03-16-2012, 01:35 PM

Default Downtown

Here are my shots of Downtown. May I say I loved just how much more downtownish it felt over Louisville's downtown.

Old 03-17-2012, 02:39 PM

7 posts, read 55,755 times
Nice pics thanks for sharing! I would like to move there soon cause I'm tired of Toledo & ready for a change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus