U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-14-2009, 09:38 AM

2 posts, read 7,268 times
Default Best Apartments in Columbus

My boyfriend and I are thinking about moving to Columbus from Flint, MI. Looking into all aspects of moving and wanted to see what apartments (middle-lower class couple) were the best in Columbus. Also - what areas are best to live - any direction better than the other? Any areas/apartments to avoid?
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 10:02 PM

5 posts, read 9,286 times
Default Northeast Info

I moved to Columbus in 2003, but have always lived in the Northeast section of the city so that's really all I can tell you about. I would stay away from Easton and pretty much everything near Morse Rd on the east side of I-71. That area has gotten pretty scary over the last few years. North of 161 (aka Dublin Granville Rd) was OK when I was living there. My favorite apartment was in the Cooper Rd/Westerville Rd area. Nice, quiet neighborhood...never had any problems...friendly people...decent price. It really depends on your price range and what you're looking for. If you've found any particular apartments online that you are curious about I'd be happy to give an opinion. Hope at least some of that helps

Old 04-15-2009, 10:39 AM

1 posts, read 5,100 times
I too am from Michigan and looking to move to Columbus, Indiana for a teaching job. I appreciate any and all advice on where to avoid or what to look for as far as renting goes. Is it better to rent a house or an apartment at this point in the current economic downturn? I know in Michigan houses are being foreclosed so often that many people are renting for super cheap and the deal ends up being better than paying for an apartment. Is it like that at all in Columbus? Is the sour economy effecting it quite as harshly as it is here in metro Detroit? (Also, I just realized that this thread doesn't specify if this is for Columbus Indiana so if this is irrelevent I apologize!)

Old 04-16-2009, 08:50 PM

846 posts, read 778,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherkd View Post
I too am from Michigan and looking to move to Columbus, Indiana for a teaching job. I appreciate any and all advice on where to avoid or what to look for as far as renting goes. Is it better to rent a house or an apartment at this point in the current economic downturn? I know in Michigan houses are being foreclosed so often that many people are renting for super cheap and the deal ends up being better than paying for an apartment. Is it like that at all in Columbus? Is the sour economy effecting it quite as harshly as it is here in metro Detroit? (Also, I just realized that this thread doesn't specify if this is for Columbus Indiana so if this is irrelevent I apologize!)

This is Columbus, Ohio.

There is a seperate thread for Indiana.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:02 AM

15 posts, read 76,410 times
Default Northwest Columbus

Ever since moving from campus after graduating, I've always stuck to the NW area of Columbus. The Grandview/Upper Arlington/Dublin area is very nice, and you can find a lot of well-priced apartments.

Old 04-24-2009, 01:12 PM

362 posts, read 943,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbusbuckeye View Post
Ever since moving from campus after graduating, I've always stuck to the NW area of Columbus. The Grandview/Upper Arlington/Dublin area is very nice, and you can find a lot of well-priced apartments.
Yeah I second that. I moved to Upper Arlington two months ago, live in a pretty affordable place and really enjoy it.

Old 04-26-2009, 12:16 PM

2,794 posts, read 3,330,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersFan09 View Post
Yeah I second that. I moved to Upper Arlington two months ago, live in a pretty affordable place and really enjoy it.
Are you from Pittsburgh? LOL Steeler fans... Welcome to Columbus...

Old 04-28-2009, 12:41 PM

211 posts, read 378,750 times
I think better responses might follow if you stated what you two are into. Being close to stuff going on, being downtown, out in the burb's farther. And do you already have jobs lined up? I would not want to live in Pickerington and drive to Hilliard for work. Just my opinion.

Old 04-28-2009, 06:05 PM

39 posts, read 59,287 times
Gahanna and Westerville have a ton of nice affordable aparments. Both are on the Northeast side of Columbus. Pickerington and Reynoldsburg (both east of Columbus) have good apartments too, but as the other poster said, you better not have a job on the west side of C-Bus because you'll have one hell of a commute.

Old 07-22-2012, 11:02 AM

1 posts, read 2,812 times
Hello All! I am planning to move to Columbus and I'm looking for an apartment that includes laundry space inside of the apartment. I want a 3 bedroom apartment with a master bedroom with a private bath. I love to cook so a nice size kitchen is a plus. The apartment has to be located in an excellent school district because I have to teens who will be leaving and excellent school system that they are excelling extremely well in. My office will be located 5 mins from downtown columbus located near rich/main street. Need all the help I can get in choosing the right area to move in. Thanks for any help you can give me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus