Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2009, 06:34 PM

1 posts, read 2,520 times

Advertisements

This is driving me crazy! I've been searching every apartment website out there for a nice studio apartment in Columbus. I'm currently renting a house (with some obnoxious roommates) near Polaris, but my landlord is selling the house... and I've just been informed that a sale is pending and I have to vacate the place by June 5th.

Please help me!

I'm a twenty year old senior at Ohio State, and I'll be spending my summer working at a retail store in Polaris.

I'm looking for a studio apartment with rent $500 or less per month. Preferably near Polaris and NOT the Ohio State campus! (Am I the only college student that hates the filth and danger in off campus neighborhoods?) I'm looking for a safe, quiet, clean neighborhood. Or at least two of those three. With some parking.

But all I've found from looking at apartment reviews online are apartment complexes infected by armies of malevolent rats and cockroaches, downright nasty management and landlords, and spiteful, loud neighbors. Yikes!

I'd appreciate any advice you can give me. Thank you in advance! Sorry for the long post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2009, 06:42 PM

69 posts, read 194,494 times
Default Alternative

I'm not that familiar with the Polaris area itself, but I bet you could find something that would meet your needs near downtown Clintonville or Worthington. Each would be a short drive to Polaris and offer nice downtown areas. Clintonville might be a little close to OSU, but the downtown area is nice and is not really anything like campus itself. If you are looking for something in a larger apartment complex, than these are probably not for you. I think there are some nice areas in Westerville near Polaris and Maxtown Rd, but I don't know about price and availability. Might be worth driving around in the area and seeing what you can find.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus