U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-04-2009, 03:39 PM

2 posts, read 2,869 times

Advertisements

I'm sorry to start a thread about this but I didn't know what else to do; I may be moving to Columbus and it would be around 750 Riverview Drive. A friend of mine lived there when he attended OSU. He says it's a quiet nice neighborhood but I wanted to ask you guys since he did say he didn't go out much and just went to school and back. What kind of population, how scarce are jobs and so on..
Thank you in advance.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 07:05 AM

846 posts, read 800,941 times
Are you asking about Riverview Dr, the city, or area?

What part of the city is 750 Riverview in? Do you have a neighborhood name or major intersections near there?

Old 11-20-2009, 12:26 AM

2 posts, read 2,869 times
I checked for a few days and noticed no one replied but viewed so I figured I broke some forum rule. Thank you for replying NorthPoleMarathoner. The address is
750 Riverview Dr
Columbus, OH 43202

If anyone has any idea what that area is like, it would be very much appreciated.

Old 11-20-2009, 07:35 AM

157 posts, read 248,745 times
Looking at the map, it should be a decent area. There are probably lots of students and I don't think you would be concerned with crime.

Old 11-22-2009, 04:31 AM

1 posts, read 1,313 times
I live on that street. There's a mosque on Riverview and about 500 Middle-Eastern people live in the neighborhood. No problems with the street, except there's a lot of pedestrians and no sidewalk.

Old 11-22-2009, 09:38 AM

708 posts, read 1,122,489 times
The area is on the far north side of OSU near the baseball, basketball, and football venues so although the street itself may be quite, the major roads you would be using nearby (ie Ackerman and 315) may get pretty congested from time to time. It also appears to be right next to 315 which is basically interstate through Columbus and is a stones throw from Riverside hospital so you may have some noise to deal with from traffic, ambulances, and the occasional medical helicopter.

The area is close enough to OSU to probably have some students living there although I can't say for sure. It is also very near some middle to upper middle class neighborhoods. I would think crime shouldn't be bad at all. As far as jobs go you're about as close to the middle of the Columbus metro as you can get so you should have a lot of options and easy access to various areas of the city via 315, I-270, etc.

There are some nice parks nearby which is a plus. Whetstone Park where they have all the roses is only about 5 minutes away as are a few other parks and the running/walking/biking trail that runs along the river from the northside to downtown should have an access point in there somewhere. You also wouldn't be too far from High St and the Short North district. I hope that helps some. Take care.

Old 07-14-2012, 01:11 PM

711 posts, read 1,129,872 times
There is another thread on Riverview Drive here:
Riverview Place Apartments
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus